// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖 //

hiraeth - part sixty-three

»»——⍟——««

       "Beerus called for me," Goku said as he looked back to Y/n, who questioned where he was off to. "I gotta go to his planet, but I'll be back in time to head to the future, don't worry."

"Did he say what he wanted?" Y/n asked. They had seen Beerus just the day before, when they had traveled to universe ten. Beerus had decided to stay on his planet to keep a better eye on Zamasu from afar, of which Y/n didn't know how to feel about. Zamasu was a threat, just... not yet. Something obviously had to have happened to trigger Zamasu becoming Goku Black. If they could prevent that, which, despite her current hatred for Zamasu, she did want it. She didn't want Zamasu to be erased for something he hadn't even thought to do yet.

"Nope. He just said it was urgent, but it's probably nothing. I'll be back soon, love you," Goku placed a kiss on her forehead, smiling down at her as she blushed lightly. He stepped back, waving with a grin as he approached Shin, who waited to take Goku.

Shin and Goku left for Beerus's planet, disappearing in the blink of an eye. Y/n sighed, her shoulders slouching as she felt eyes burning holes into her back. She turned around to face their skeptical glare, meeting the bright blue eyes of the Trunks of the future. Trunks squinted his eyes at her as he raised a brow, looking her up and down.

"Gohan said you were really strong, but you don't look like much," Trunks said. Y/n huffed, knowing she didn't have very much muscle mass despite her strength, but his words still cut her.

"Why does it matter to you?" Y/n questioned, wondering why he would even bring up such a thing. She knew she was likely expected to fight Black, if he was as strong as Trunks was making him out to be. However, she was having her doubts, knowing Trunks was far behind in strength compared to the likes of her or Goku.

"You're coming with us. I want to be sure you're actually reliable, and not just get in our way," Trunks said, his words harsh in tone. It was almost as if he didn't even want Y/n to come, which was the case. Trunks had never seen Black act the way he did towards Y/n, and that raised red flags in Trunks's mind. Y/n scoffed, having to cover up the smile that began to form, feeling like that's exactly what Trunks would do; get in her way.

"You don't have to worry about that. If anything, I'll probably be the one who takes care of Black, depending on if Goku can get his new power under control," Y/n said, referring to Goku's Super Saiyan Blue. Ever since discovering it, both him and Vegeta had been training away in the gravity chamber, hoping to master the form. Vegeta had yet to reach such levels, but was extremely close. However, it was such a taxing transformation, Goku struggled to maintain it for more than an hour. Y/n couldn't see him learning it in time to take down Black, which meant she was the next likely person to beat him. Y/n was certain it wouldn't be Trunks though.

"How do you know? I've never seen your strength. You're not even alive in my timeline," Trunks tried to reason, just searching for an excuse to leave Y/n behind. He didn't trust her even a bit. Y/n furrowed her brows in annoyance, clenching her fists. Was this really the person the Trunks of this time would become? Trunks was constantly casting doubt upon her, even more than Black had at this point. It was beginning to drive her mad.

"If you're having trouble taking everybody for their word, why not just fight me? If you want to see my strength so bad, I'm more than willing to show it to you," Y/n said, glaring at him. Her words almost sounded as though she were threatening Trunks, making the man scoff, smirking.

"Fine. Let's go outside," Trunks said, walking past her. Y/n grit her teeth, suddenly shaking with anger. She wasn't sure sparring with Trunks was the right way to mend her reputation with him, but she couldn't stand him thinking so lowly of her. Besides, it was him who started it.