one

a warm hue paints the distant silhouettes of the far hills an orange tone - large buildings along the skyline already illuminating with commotion as the quiet streets begin to wake.

young mothers with their children walk cheerfully to their schools, their tiny shoes dragging through puddles and painting the pavement with small wet footsteps as the infants follow the familiar journey with others.

groaning teenagers board their buses with much reluctance - the tired pout on their faces accompanied by their heavy and unamused expression visibly illustrating their sour moods as jaewon scanned her bus pass.

"jaewon-ssi!" the girls best friend called out quietly with a wave - capturing the attention of the latter who happily skipped over to sit beside eunji.

the taller girl's handbag thudded on the floor from the bus seat as her frame tilted to face jaewon.

the pair had been inseparable for a decade, knowing the in's and out's of each others personality like the back of their palms.

eunji was an intense extrovert, her irresistible charm and friendliness earning her the favour of most of the school as well as the fair share of following on social media - but of course her beauty helped with this.

the girl had bold, curious brown eyes accompanied with the perfect natural aegyosal, plump and vibrant lips with well-done eyebrows and fair skin.

her cheeks were blushed and she'd achieved every girl's dream of glass skin.

to say a few boys were interested in her would be an understatement.

she would walk through the hallways calmly - her healthy silk hair swaying with her hips as she waved to her various friends - and boy's eyes would attract to her like magnets.

she was the north pole of the school, almost irresistible.

jaewon, on the other hand - was the spitting opposite of her best friend, however with (a fair share but) not barely as many connections.

the girl also seemingly attracted attention everywhere she went, although by herself too introverted and unknown for strangers to strike up conversation like they did with eunji.

the youngers features were much lighter than her best friend's bold and intimidating features, rather appearing softly with clear skin, bleached chestnut hair and rosy yet well-blended blush.

two distinguishable moles lay underneath her left eye and right cheek, highlighting the aegyosal she would administer with the help of eunji's makeup skills as well as the current style of glitter in the corner of the eyes.

her hair was bleached a light brunette and likewise with the latter her ears were scattered with expensive jewellery and pretty, trendy piercings.

the girl would twiddle her thumbs, picking at her fresh manicures whenever eunji would be approached by her charade of friends, often kicking her heels as she awkwardly blushed and nodded at the girls conversations with herself.

their popular x quiet girl trope would continue ever since they were 8, following them to their current
adult ages of 19

"won- wony omg, minjun asked out sulyeon! can you believe it? I always thought he had a thing going for seulgi but I guess I was wrong" the girl babbles, her pocket mirror open as she fixes up her soft eyeliner with an excited smile.

"she's a cheerleader - of course he's going to like her" jaewon yawns with her hands grasping her handbag on her lap comfortably.

"yeah but did you see how he poured seulgi's drink at last weekends party?? he was practically drooling giving it to her" the latter protests to defend her surprise.