Chapter 1

Lina let out a big sigh as she bent down to pick up her four year old daughter Lexie.

"Are you seeing him?" Her husband Min asked firmly.

"We're not talking about this in front of her." Lina replied tiredly, referring to Lexie.

"Why are you mad daddy?" Little Lexie asked, looking at her father with innocent eyes.

Min huffed, staring at the floor beside his wife, his jaw clenched.

"Daddy is just having a bad day, let's get you to school honey" Lina said to Lexie brushing the hair out of her daughters eyes.

Lina has been faithful to her husband, but recently he has become jealous of the time she has been spending with his brother, Han. Min is a Doctor and often busy with his work. In his free time he's so tired he rarely has the energy to play with his daughter or give his wife attention. Yet Lina notices when his colleagues call him to socialize he suddenly has time and energy for that. Yet she rarely expresses disappointment because she knows her husband works hard to provide for them. It's been this way for a while.

Lina has been alone a lot lately and the days seem to get more and more isolating. She used to live a lively, full life and owned a Wedding boutique. After she got pregnant with Lexie she decided to sell her shop. She wanted to give all her attention to her daughter.

While her daughter keeps her busy most days Lexie started going to headstart. Her duties as homemaker have decreased as her wealthy husband insists on having a housekeeper. She had planned on going back to work once Lexie is older but the thought of going back to work has drifted further from her mind day by day. Lina isn't quite sure she would fit back into the fast paced workplace like she did before. She was at the top of her game, catering to some of the most famous celebrities. Now...now she was alone.

*Earlier That year*

One day she felt so restless cooped up in the house she decided to take a long walk to the nearby city. The weather was quite hot that day. She had underestimated the heat & distance. Her agitation drove her to walk briskly. As she stopped for a break on the sidewalk she could hear her heart pounding in her chest, sweat beading up on her forehead. She remembered her brother-in-law's coffee shop was nearby. The thought of an icy drink gave her the push to continue walking. She hadn't been there in ages, which was surprising since they lived only a few miles away. Min and his brother Han only meet up on holidays or the kids' school events. Han was married to Jennie, an energetic interior designer. They have two boys Chan and Chang. Han always seemed to appreciate the slow life, which is why he opened a cafe in a small city.

The bell on the door rang as Lina entered the cafe. The cool air instantly refreshed her flushed cheeks. She had forgotten how beautiful the inside of his cafe was. Dark cherrywood lined the interior, lacquered tables & chairs of various woods. Windchimes & stained glass lined the large windows. Plants and books scattered in nooks. The scent of coffee filled the space. The sounds of the espresso machines clicked and hissed in the background. She wanted to order but the chair looked too inviting. Just as she sat herself down she heard a familiar voice.

"Lina!" Han said warmly, walking up to her as he dried his hands on his bar towel.

"So good to see you, what brings you in today?"

Lina began to stand again

"Oh um... coffee?" she smiled still out of breath.

"Of course" Han smiled

"Please sit, let me get you something to drink"

Lina settled back into her chair letting out a relieved sigh.