Drawtober - "Thorny"

Hello there, guys!

Yeah, so, this daily-Drawtober-art promise didn't turn out very well, did it, now? Huh... I don't even have it in me in to profusely apologise this time, because I've been– busy, to say the least.

(My excuses as follow:
First, I got a stomach bug that had me asleep for twenty-two of the twenty-four hours of the first day, and through the next few days, the only thing I ate was a quarter of a slice of toast. Then, my mum thought it would be good for me to spend my mid-October school break with limited phone access and doing twice as much house- and school-work as usual.)

So, I'm sorry, guys, hope you can forgive me. :]

Here's a Drawtober piece from Day 23 though, the prompt being "Thorny"

Here's a Drawtober piece from Day 23 though, the prompt being "Thorny". Yes, it's the 27th of October today. See above. Took me longer than I care to admit. TvT

I went hazelnut picking (or gathering, really) not long ago, and I saw a lot of haws and sloes, which inspired me to draw a blackthorn plant. Sloes and haws actually have some of my favourite flowers, and drawing so many thorns was oddly relaxing. I had a decent amount of fun with this! :)

(Remember though, kids, technically speaking, roses don't have thorns, neither do brambles (or I would have drawn a bramble for this) - they actually have prickles. That's because their 'thorns' are really growths attached to the epidermis (the 'skin' of the plant, if you will) but still separate, and actual thorns are sharp extensions of the stem, like a off-shoot, which is still part of the stem and much harder to remove.
- Botanical rant from Crystal; these may become a frequent occurrence, apologies in advance.)

~

Good news though, I had enough mental fortitude to make muffins by myself! I used some blackberries I gathered back in summer, and my mum even got me erythritol to use instead of sugar because I finally got braces for my teeth (so, I need a low-sugar diet apparently).

Worse news though, I almost had a breakdown in the middle of making them, for a stupid reason. Didn't matter though, no one noticed so it was fine, and the muffins turned out good! ^^

I know this little update is nowhere near what content you amazing viewers deserve, but I've not been feeling the best, mentally and physically

I know this little update is nowhere near what content you amazing viewers deserve, but I've not been feeling the best, mentally and physically. I hope you can forgive me and cope with these flimsy updates for a while longer, until I find the strength to get back to my art to-do list properly. Suggestions on what I could comfort-draw or help-me-focus-draw are very welcome.

Anyway, thank you all so much for staying. Goodbye, and have a wonderful day/night everyone. <33