Prologue

Little reminder:

Y/n: your name, Y/l/n: your last name, and H/c: hair colour, E/c:eye colour

And in this story you are a 14-year-old princess at the start
(but you can change the gender)

For those who aren't familiar with to this type of stories: you are basically the main character

_________________________

In the peaceful kingdom of Eldoria lives Y/n Y/l/n, a young princess who's going to get married the next month with an influential prince from the neighbouring region. An arranged marriage, something normal for little kingdoms, that are used to increase their strength and influence.

Since little Y/n has loved nature and the creatures living around the castle but also sneaking into the library to read old books about mythical creatures

Since little Y/n has loved nature and the creatures living around the castle but also sneaking into the library to read old books about mythical creatures. Sometimes when she should learn good manners or be in her mother's office for her piano lessons, she most of the time didin't go to these lessons because doesn't to be like others princess that she'd met before: haughty, narcissistic and self absorbe.

_________________________

But as the wedding day got closer, a heavy weight settled in Y/n's chest. Everyone in the kingdom was buzzing with excitement about the union, like it was some kind of fairy tale: but Y/n couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right. She didn't want to be just another pretty face in a fancy dress, trapped in a life that felt more like a cage than a dream come true.
She often thought back to the stories she'd read in secret, where heroes and heroines broke free from their confines to chase after their destinies. It seemed so much cooler than sitting through boring lessons on etiquette and piano, which was where her mom thought she should be. But Y/n knew she was meant for something different, something more adventurous.
As the sun dipped below the horizon on the night before her engagement ceremony, Y/n found herself at the edge of the castle garden, staring into the mysterious woods that surrounded Eldoria. The trees loomed tall, their branches swaying gently as if they were whispering secrets just for her. It felt like a calling, a spark of something exciting that stirred deep within her.
With a determined look back at the castle, Y/n made a silent promise to herself: No matter what her mother wanted of her, she would chase after what truly made her heart race. Who knows? Maybe behind this dense forest layed the magic she'd always dreamed of.
And so began the real story of Princess Y/n, not the one of a wedding, but of a quest for freedom and adventure, where anything was possible.