Chapter One: Vieux Amis

For the first time in a long time, Rogue was dressed up in something rather than her usual X-Men uniform. She wore a long blue dress, with matching gloves and blue necklace. There was only one reason that she ever dressed up like this, and that was for Ms. Carol Danvers.

Every single Tuesday night Rogue would go and visit the hospital, bring some flowers, and talk to her. Even though she was in a coma with little brain activity, she still would act as if she could hear her. That was where she was headed when Gambit stopped her at the door.

"Well, off to da hospital again, mon ami? If you go dere any more often you'll have to move dere," he joked, leaning on the door frame.

"Yeah, yeah. You can joke all ya' want, but ah'm still going," Rogue said, pulling her gloves on and facing him.

"And I'm not saying you shouldn't. All Gambit is trying to say is dat maybe you shouldn't blame yourself," Gambit replied.

"Why shouldn't ah? After all, it is mah fault she's here," Rogue sighed. "Ah'm not arguing 'bout this again. Ah'm gonna be late."

"Be sure to come home on time, chere," Gambit winked, and Rogue rolled her eyes, stalking out to her car.

Rogue always arrived at exactly four o'clock. By now the staff recognized her, and the personal nurses for Ms. Carol's room even knew her by name. Today, however, something was different. Perhaps if it weren't for Gambit's innuendos distracting her, she would've felt the presence stirring in the back of her mind. But she didn't. Instead all she could think about were two little things: Carol Danvers lying in front of her, because of her; and Gambit's wink. Rogue wouldn't want him to know how much those things distracted her, so she shoved it to the back of her mind.

But that wasn't the only thing back there.

Rogue replaced the flowers, just like she'd done a hundred times before, and sat down next to Carol, which she'd done a hundred times before. But then something very unusual happened, at least for Ms. Carol Danvers-she remembered.

For the most part, since Jean had taken care of it at least, Carol stayed in the back of Rogue's mind, in a cage of sorts, keeping her from haunting Rogue and trying to take control again. But there must've been a crack, something or another for her to get through. Not enough at first, and she had to go slow so Rogue wouldn't realize and fix it, but definitely enough to start with. Now the memories were coming back.

The fight with Rogue, the endless days in the hospital, there but not quite, just waiting for something to happen. The anger at Rogue for doing this to her, for ruining her life. And more. The anger at Jean for locking her away, for freeing Rogue from the torment that-in Carol's opinion at least-Rogue deserved. Pretty much just anger in general. And now she finally could do something about it.

"Ah know that you probably can't hear meh, but ah'm going to apologize. Again," Rogue sighed, a faint smirk on her face. "But ya' know that."

"I do," Carol's eyes flew open, wider than usual, and she ripped off the glove on Rogue's hand, grabbing her arm. Rogue stumbled back, shocked and eyes wide.

In her head, Carol threw Rogue into the broken cage that once held her. "Not so tough without a telepath to help you?"

"Ah could beat ya' on mah worst day!" Rogue flies into Carol, shoving her into a wall. The wall opens up, swallowing Rogue whole.

"Perhaps, but you see, I've had quite a while to explore the back of your mind," Carol smirks, and then stands up, now in control of Rogue's body.

Brushing herself off, Carol observes the situation. She could access a few more recent memories, but she figured it wouldn't be safe to go too far back. No need to help Rogue out.

Pulling the glove back on, Carol looked at where her previous body, Ms. Marvel, lay. Her breathing was steady, and nothing had appeared to change.

Good.

Carol drove back to the Mansion, a plan forming in her mind. First thing she'd need to do is get information on the X-Men. She knew people who would pay good money for that. After that she'd get her revenge on the telepath, Jean. Then all would be well.

At least for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note-so I've decided that this is going to be based off of the 90's cartoon, which is by far my favorite. And right now I'm watching X-Men origins Wolverine, so I'll be caught up on that, too.
Author from the future here-as I'm getting ready to publish this I'm almost done with X-Men First class. (Which is awesome BTW). Soon I'll be 100% caught up.
Thanks for reading! Please review!!