"Dibs"

Y/N pov:

Zuri turns to looks at me and says while rolling her eyes "ugh, I know he's obsessed with me, he's just playing hard to get"

My heart drops.

"I called dibs on him when he first came to camp. Seen anyone to call dibs on yet?" She says

I pretend to think. I guess I can't like griff, I don't want to jeopardize a potential friend. Quick who did I see?

"Ummm what about that CIT in grizzly cabin?"

Zuri's eyes widen. "MY BROTHER?"

"Wait he's your brother?" I exclaim

"Yeah we're adopted" she explains

"But I ship cuz you both, are like, smart and nerdy"

"Thanks..?" I say

"Oh that's a compliment, trust me!" She says.

Griff pov:

As I walk away I can't help but acknowledge my beating heart. Xander notices the look on my face and says, "You good lil bro? You look like you've just seen a ghost"

"More like an angel" I say under my breath

"What was that?" Xander says

"Oh-umm- I-I said... from that angle...?" trying to come up with an answer

"Whoah! I know Emma wears a lot of powder but that's my girlfriend you're talking about" he chuckles.

"Haha" I fake laugh. Whew that was a close one.

Xander walks away and I quickly run out of sight. My legs take me back to woodchuck cabin and I hide behind a bush. It's claustrophobic and there's a branch stabbing my back but I ignore it. At least it's better than that drawer I had to fit into when that officer came last year.

I see her and Zuri talking through the window. It's a bit hard to see because Woody the Woodchucks head is blocking my view. I move to try and see, and lose my balance, causing a loud thud.

I quickly try to get away, but Zuri and mystery girl come out.

"See!? This is just what I was talking about. He's so obsessed with me!" Zuri says

I hear Zuri talking but I don't hear what she says. All I see is her.

"Are you okay?" Mystery girl says

"Haha... Never better!" I say while quickly getting on my feet

She giggles. I smile. I stick out my hand and introduce my self. "Hi, My name if Griff"

She looks at my hand and shakes it. "I know" she giggles. "I'm Y/N! It's my first year here."

"Here's a tip, after taco Tuesday, don't go to the bathroom near the bunny cabin. Thats Jorge's go to, aka the pink eye bathroom. That's because everyone who's been in there after him, has been to the hospital with severe pink eye."

Y/N laughs and Zuri says " We should know, we were next to each other in the hospital remember griff?"

I sigh. "Um, yeah I remember" I say dryly.

"CAMPERS BY THE CAMPFIRE NOW!" Gladys shrieks.