Chapter 24: Rectification

Lan Wanji made his way towards the cloud recesses...

Out of nowhere he was ambushed and before he knew it he was surrounded by the Wens...

"Lan Zhan, You are always arrogant, but now you still end up in my hands..."
Wen Chao mocked him...

"You kneel down and hand me the Yin Metal and I won't kill you..."
He added with a sly smile...

"I don't have it..."

"Where is it...?"
Wen Chao asked Lan Zhan angrily...
No matter what, he had to be the one to bring the Yin metal to his father before that Xue Yang...

"I don't know what you are talking about..."
Lan Zhan replied...

That angered Wen Chao even more...
"Wen Zhuliu...Beat him...Let's see how long he can stay arrogant..."

But before he could be attacked, like he did in previous life, Lan Zhan managed to escape from their...
And knowing what awaited in the cloud recesses he left for there...

************
Reaching Cloud Recesses Lan Zhan found that Wen Sect has wreaked havoc and every square inch of his home was on fire in the name of "cleansing"...

The path towards Cloud Recesses was ladden with dead bodies of his fellow disciples...

But he had already informed his brother and uncle about the possible attack from Wens....they should have been able to evacuate earlier...

Lan Zhan looked around panicking...

He rushed to the top of the mountain only to find Wen Xu rushing towards his uncle ready to attack...

"Wanji..."
Lan Qiren called his niece as Lan Zhan defected the attack and landed infront of him...

Lan Zhan could only look at his uncle helplessly...
"Uncle...Go..."

"Wanji..."
Lan Qiren started to say but then led his clan members to the cold pond...

This time Lan Zhan stayed put outside the cold pond...
He didn't have a Yin Metal like the last time...
But the last time they had hid in cave, and the location was disclosed to Wen Xu by Su She to save his own hide...He didn't want that to happen either...

"Where is the Yin Metal...?"
Wen Xu asked Lan Zhan...

"Leave cloud recesses..."

"WHERE IS THE YIN METAL...?"
Wen Xu screeched angrily finding no traces of Yin Metal on him...

"I don't know..."
Lan Zhan replied...

"BREAK HIS LEG....LETS SEE HOW LONG HE CAN LIE..."
Wen xu ordered...
One of the disciples immediately hit him hard with a rod breaking his leg and Lan Zhan fell down on the ground...

"WHERE IS THE YIN METAL...?"

Even when he was in tremendous pain Lan Zhan didn't say a word...
He swore to himself that he would protect Wei Ying with his life if it comes to that...

"WHERE IS IT...?"
Wen Zhao asked again...

"Lan Xichen isn't here, young master Wen..."
Lan Zhan heard the disciples tell Wen Xu...

"He must have escaped with the Yin Metal...Go after him...He couldn't have gone that far..."
Wen Xu screamed at them...

"WHERE IS IT...?"
Wen Zhao asked again...

Lan Zhan's silence enraged him further...

"Fine...Have it your way..."
He said to him...
"Break the bones of his fingers starting from him thumb...Let's see how long he lasts..."