Chapter 10: Please stay with me.

It had been a little while since Gangle had left, Kinger was in his room. He was so worried that something had happened to her. What if she got hurt? What if she fainted? What if she-
No, don't think that last thought. Kinger fidgeted with his hands. He was so scared she would never come back.

After a bit more, Kinger was sobbing into his hands on the floor. His best friend wasn't back yet. He had assumed the worst, just like the letter said. He curled into a ball and continued to cry. His sobs echoed throughout his room. His best and only friend. Dead. Nobody else would probably even care. All they thought was that Gangle was some stupid crybaby, they wouldn't care if she never came back at all. They also wouldn't care if he was sad all day, looking towards Gangle's room and seeing the big red X on her face. He wished that he was just overreacting, that Gangle was maybe on her way to his room.

But for some reason, he didn't go ask Caine anything. He just sobbed, thinking he had lost his only friend.

─────────ೋღ 🎭 ღೋ─────────

Gangle held onto Pomni's hand as best as she could, Pomni was frantically trying to go back into the exit door.

"NO! NO, NO, NO, NO! GANGLE PLEASE-"
"I CAN'T JUST LEAVE YOU THERE TO GO INSANE, POMNI! YOU'LL TRASH THE PLACE, POSSIBLY PUTTING OUR WORLD IN DANGER!"
Pomni glitched some more.
"I DON'T CARE, I NEED TO GET BACK! LET ME GO LET ME GO LET ME G-"

Caine suddenly appeared and grabbed the pair before teleporting back to the tent.

Caine put the two down, Pomni hit the floor with her fist.
"Now now, Pomni! Please don't get mad! We were only trying to help you."
Pomni stopped hitting the ground. She slowly got up and looked at Caine.
"You....you were helping her find me and get me out."
Caine nodded.

Pomni sat there for a second, her pupils scribbles, before she attempted to jump at Caine. Gangle grabbed her as she jumped into the air, causing Pomni to topple onto Gangle. Gangle cried out in pain but didn't let go of Pomni.
"P-pomni, you c-can't just jump at the ringmaster!"
"HE TOLD YOU TO FIND ME, NO! NO NO NO NO NO! I'LL KILL HIM!"
Caine looked very surprised before snapping his fingers, causing Pomni to rise into the air. Gangle let go quickly.
"Pomni, please just listen. There isn't a way out, that I know of.",  Caine looked into Pomni's eyes while saying this. He then motioned for Gangle to cover her ears or walk away. Gangle covered her ears.
"Trust me, if there was a way to get out, I would have been out a while ago."

Caine drifted Pomni to the ground.
"Now, because of this little incident, Pomni needs to be accompanied wherever she goes, unless it's her room. Gangle, tell everybody else, I'll keep an eye on Pomni."

Gangle nodded and ran to tell everybody. She knocked on their doors and let them know, but they all looked at her a little worried when they opened the door. She didn't know why, but her sad mask kind of hurt. Jax just straight up didn't even push her over when she came up, which was a surprise for her. She went over to Kinger's door and knocked.

Shuffling was heard, and Kinger opened the door. He looked down, and took a moment to process before scooping Gangle up and hugging her.
"GANGLE!", Kinger yelled. He sounded like he was crying just a second ago.
"Y-you're okay! Y-you didn't get-"

As he said this he looked down at Gangle. His eyes went wide. He quickly rushed inside his room and slammed the door. He put Gangle on his bed and started to rummage through one of his drawers.
"K-kinger? Wh-what's wrong with me?"
Kinger didn't respond for a moment before turning with some glue in his hand. It was hot glue.
"K-kinger...?"

Kinger went up to Gangle and cupped her face in his hand.
"Y-your face, G-gangle..why is it cracked."
Gangle's eyes widened.
"It's cracked?"
Kinger nodded.
Gangle looked in the mirror.
Their face was cracked, alright. And the cracks were slowly traveling to the middle of her face.
"H-hurry, glue it, Kinger!"
Kinger nodded and held her face steady with one of his hands. The other was gluing her cracked pieces shut.

After a while, he had finished.
"T-to make it look nicer, h-how about we add some band-aids..?" Kinger asked Gangle.
Gangle nodded and got some band-aids from her pocket.
"I would be s-surprised they exist here if I hadn't been here so long...", Gangle told him.
"Me too.", Kinger responded.

Kinger put the colorful band-aids on her cracks, and when he was done, she looked colorful, all right. One colorful band-aid for each crack.

"Thank you, Kinger..."

"I'm just glad you're alive."