// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖 //

hiraeth - part sixty-five

warning: gore

»»——⍟——««

       "I'm lucky you found me," Y/n spoke as she smiled at Mai, who sat across the dining table. The two ate in silence, everyone having gone to bed.

"I can't believe Trunks just left you," Mai muttered, barely able to touch her food. Y/n sighed, setting her fork down. Mai had been rolling around in guilt ever since Y/n explained how the fight went; apologizing for dragging them into their fight, apologizing for Y/n getting left behind. It was driving Y/n mad how apologetic she was being.

"I told him to, Mai. Besides, I'm the only one strong enough to stay behind. Goku is strong, but he hasn't mastered his power. If it had been anyone else that got left, they would've died. So don't blame Trunks for trusting me and doing what I said." Y/n said. She gave Mai a soft smile, Mai returning it hesitantly. Mai understood what Y/n was saying, but Mai couldn't help but think of how painful it must've been to see Goku on the verge of death, and being left behind for him. They had no idea of knowing whether or not Goku even made it.

The image of Goku's broken, lifeless body kept filling Y/n's mind, the girl pushing it back and focusing on the present before her. It pained her heart, forcing herself to forget about Goku and his life-threatening injury, but she had to, for everyone in this timeline. Y/n had to stay focused and prepared to fight for their lives. For the time being, she had to bear the burden of saving this timeline, and keeping its people safe from harm, which was easier said than done.

A sudden rumble startled the two girls, looking around with wide eyes. The concrete supports began to crumble slightly under the pressure, cracks forming along the walls and columns. Another explosion went off, Y/n's eyes widening as the whole station began to shake, jumping to her feet.

"He's found us," Y/n grit her teeth, fists clenched. They couldn't even have a moment of peace before Black came back for more. Whipping around to Mai, Y/n held her palm out, making orders. "Evacuate the station. If he's this close, he'll sense everyone's energies and blow this place to high hell. I'll hold him off long enough for everyone to escape."

"B-But what about you? You'll be all alone," Mai tried to convince Y/n to escape with them, the young woman chuckling.

"I prefer it that way," She spoke. Not giving Mai another second to argue, Y/n took off, running down the station.

More explosions pulled Mai out of her scrambled thoughts, rushing down the halls as she shouted for everyone to wake up. The survivors were quickly awoken by the sounds of explosions, the walls beginning to crumble around them. The station would not be standing for much longer, Mai had to hurry.

Y/n stepped out onto the broken concrete of the surface ground, looking around. It was quiet for a moment, with no signs of Black. Y/n had almost thought the man had lost them, or just didn't have the greatest energy sensing skills, before a loud laugh caught her attention, looking up into the sky.

"I've finally found you," Black said, grinning down at Y/n, his heart fluttering and beating rapidly. He couldn't get enough of the feeling of chasing Y/n, fighting her, watching her struggle. Black couldn't wait to crush all of Y/n's hopes, and watch any spark of light fade from her eyes.

Y/n glared up at Black, clenching her fists as she watched the man she had so many fond memories of stare down at her with an almost starved, mad look. Y/n could only hope that the real Goku was well, and would be back soon...