Chapter 1/5• Greetings

"Sebastian, stop lurking."
"Yes, Master."

Sebastian Michaelis stepped out from behind his chair. "You had called for me?"
Ciel picked up the papers on his desk and set it aside, looking up at his butler.

"I have an order for you. I wish to be betrothed to (Y/N) (L/N). My orders are that you shall remain in her household for one week. and in that time you shall make arrangements for us to meet and so forth. Sebastian..." He trailed off, looking out the window at the cold rain dripping down the sill.
"I hope that you can let her know information about me... before I come to meet her."

Sebastian stared at his Master. For the first time in years, he showed some awkwardness. He showed that he was willing to make this betrothal work.

"Yes. My Lord."

~~~~~~~~

"Miss (Y/N)! For goodness sake, wear your hat!"
You sat in the garden, busily sketching the scene in front of you. A slight scowl came across your features as the maid plopped the hat down on your head.

"I'm fine! I don't need a hat, can't you see I'm busy!" She huffed. The maid sighed, looking over at the dog that sat in front of her, surrounded by flowers and colorful blankets.
"...Miss (Y/N) why are your bed sheets out here?"
"Shh! Do you know how long it took for him to stay there?"

Your pencil slid along the side of the page, drawing the edge of the blanket. You were almost done.....

"Ruff!"
"Archie, no!"

Your (E/C) eyes left the page and looked to your dog, that was quickly fleeing the scene to run down the path... into a man dressed in black.
The man looked down at the distastefully, his mutter clearly audible when You ran to the dog.

"He didn't mention that there'd be a dog."
You stood up, with Archie in your arms, ignoring his squirming.
"Who are you?"

The man's red eyes met yours, his expression softening.
He bowed slightly, his eyes still on yours.

"I am The Phantomhive Butler, Sebastian Michaelis. It is a pleasure to meet you, My Lady."
You raised an eyebrow, handing your dog over to the maid.
She scampered away, trying not to stare at the handsome butler.

You crossed your arms, your dress swaying in the breeze.
"So, Mr. Michaelis, why are you here?"

"My Master, Ciel Phantomhive wishes to be betrothed to you. I am here simply to woo you for him."
"Why doesn't he come himself?"
"I do not question my orders."

Mr. Michaelis's face had a small smirk as his red eyes looked her up and down.
You stood tall, your face growing slightly pink from his intense gaze.

"Well then, seeing that you've been dropped off, I'll take you to your room."
"Miss, I could do that for you." Said another maid, stepping close to You and saying it lowly.

You, however raised a hand, walking ahead and gesturing for him to follow you.

Sending a Butler to woo me. Honestly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are only two people who exist in this world, those who steal,
and those who are stolen from."

Authors Note: Small chapter to start.
Hope everyone likes it!