Chapter 1

"The Unfolding Enigma"

After being mercilessly awakened by a certain Kohli, which was followed by a verbal war, Rohit made his way downstairs to have something for his breakfast. Virat left behind to clean the mess they had made while fighting over his methods of waking the other up.

"Look! who decided to show up"

"If you want to live to see another day, you might want to rethink that comment." Rohit retorted, clearly not in the mood due to lack of sleep. The others stifled a laugh at his crankiness, while Harry struggled to come up with a witty comeback.

"Jeez! Chill Cap, I was just trynna mess with you."

"Not in the mood, kid"

Harry opened his mouth to retaliate, 'He was not a kid!', but looking at his Captain's face and the glare of his Best-friend, he decided to keep his mouth shut. "Bhaiya's kid" Harry muttered under his breath.

"You good" Jinks enquired softly as Rohit sat beside him and started to eat.

"I.."

"How could you leave me behind! You heartless fellow, I first skipped my breakfast so that I could wake you up and eat with you later on. But you!"

"Can you let me eat in peace Vi? I have a headache..."

"Headache? Do you have a fever, lemme check"
Having forgotten his initial anger Virat quickly sat on the unoccupied chair on Rohit's right and placed his hand on the other's head.

"Bhukhar toh nhi hai" Virat noted as the others chuckled.

"You should rest Ro, later we have that meeting with the new management staff. We'll wake you up." Bhuvi advised, glancing at the remnants of the red marks around Rohit's neck. The rashes had faded a lot by now. However, the memory was still afresh in his mind. He would not let the other even breathe in the presence of peanuts from now on.

"He's right BRo, you should take a nap if you want to after eating and having your meds. We'll wake you up later on." Rahul added onto Bhuvi's words, concern lacing his voice.

Rohit gave a tired but appreciative smile to the team, feeling their genuine concern. He knew they were like a second family, and he cherished the bond they shared.

"Alright guys, I'll sleep for a while.."

"Have your meds before that, idiot. I promise not to disturb you this time round. But, I only woke you up so you would eat something and then take the meds..."

"It's alright, Vi. I'm not mad at you. Atleast this time." Virat grinned at the sentence.

"Here, your medicine bhaiya" Jass handed the pills to Rohit and made sure he took them.

Rohit, after taking the medicine, decided to heed their advice and get some rest. As he drifted off to the dreamland, he saw a blurry view of a building. The image had been unsettling, with debris and dust swirling in the air as the structure crumbled. It was as if he was viewing the scene through hazy and distorted lenses, unable to make out the details clearly.

He jolted awake, panicked, but then he quickly realized it was just a dream and calmed down. He could feel the headache pulsing in the background, a constant reminder of his unsettling dream. But, he brushed it off as a random nightmare. He laid back on the bed and silently fell back to a dreamless sleep.

(⁠。⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠。⁠)⁠➜

Rohit had managed to get a bit of rest, but the headache still clung to him when Kul and Jassi gently roused him from his sleep.