Chapter 2

"Unsettling Omens
&
A fateful outing"

Rohit couldn't shake the eerie feeling that had taken a hold of him after watching the news.

The building! It was the same building as his dream. The scene, the words, everything aligned so perfectly with that vision for it to be a mere coincidence.

His skull throbbed with all those blurry visions and thoughts he had been experiencing lately. It was as if he could somehow see the future, as if his subconscious was trying to tell him something with all those flashes.

"You'd get white hairs with all the worrying you've been doing lately"

It was Virat who had noticed Rohit quietly slipping out of their shared room and being the bestest friend he is, he decided to follow Rohit just to make sure the latter was alright.

"Thanks for the concern, appreciate it." Rohit placed a hand at his heart for the dramatic effect.

Virat rolled his eyes playfully at Rohit and then turned a bit serious, "No, but seriously though. What is up with you lately. You have sighed for hundreds of times today"
651 times to be precise, not that Virat had been counting.

Rohit chuckled at Virat's observation, though the concern in his friend's eyes was not lost on him.

"I don't know Vi," Rohit said, "I have this weird feeling that something bad's gonna happen. And the worst part is that I can't shake the feeling off"

Virat's expression grew more serious as he listened to Rohit's words "You've had this feeling for a while now?"

"It's not like that. I just..."

"Guys, come have dinner. Everyone is waiting for you two at the table." Jaddu's voice came from the door, interrupting whatever Rohit was about to say to Virat

"Give us a few minutes here Jaddu," Virat said wanting to know what was bothering his bestfriend.

"There's no need for a few minutes Jaddu, we're coming right away." Rohit decided not to share his concerns with Virat right then, not wanting to worry him over something as silly as a nightmare. Instead, he smiled reassuringly at Virat, and Virat, while noticing the hidden worry in the former's eyes, thought of letting it slide for the moment.

'I'll corner him later' Virat thought to himself.

(⁠。⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠。⁠)⁠➜

Rohit sat at the dinner table, idly stirring his rajma chawal as the others chatted around him. Virat noticing his dazed look nudged him in the side to snap him back to the present. Rohit blinked and looked at Virat, his friend's concerned expression bringing him out of his reverie.

"You okay there?"

Rohit managed a weak smile and replied, "Yeah, just lost in my thoughts, I guess."

Virat frowned not liking the secretiveness of his friend, he clearly had something bothering him but just wouldn't say it. Just as Virat turned to look at the other to accuse him of keeping secrets from him, Shreyash's voice interrupted their silent tension.

"Guys, I've got some news," Shreyash began, a hint of excitement in his tone. "I'm meeting my friend tonight. We're going to the café that we spotted during the outing a few days back."

Everyone hooted at the term 'friend' and started teasing Shreyash about his little date with a special someone.

"I'm gonna rent a car for the night" Shreyash answered to Harry's "Jayega kaise? Cycle pe"