𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

A small school named Rosemeadow Secondary was located in a large city. Rosemeadow Secondary had a room specifically for the music club. The music club consisted of six members. Their names were Hailey Austin, the club president, Millicent Brooks, the electric guitarist, Luke Peterson, the drummer, Alexander Wickham, the pianist, Sean Everett, the sound producer, and their newest member, Jake Sterling, the lead singer.

On a gloomy, cold afternoon, the music club was practicing for a competition coming up. There was a loud beep that rang across the whole school. The principal spoke through the PA, her voice sounded worried and urgent.

"Attention students of Rosemeadow Secondary, this is your principal speaking. We have been informed that there is a very deadly toxin being released outside. Whatever you do, remain in the building. Close all windows and stay off of the field, roof, and out of the garden. Thank you and please stay safe." The PA beeped and shut off. The music club members all stared at each other.

Hailey tried looking at the bright side of the current situation and came up with an idea.

"Hey guys, think about it! At least we have more time to practice for the competition!"

"Hailey's right. We can use this to our advantage!" Jake stated as he flashed a smile at Hailey.

"Are you two crazy? This is a life-or-death situation, and you want to practice for a competition that might not even happen?!" Zander shouted. He felt a hand on his shoulder and sighed. He looked beside him to see Luke.

"Come on Zander, this could be a good opportunity to improve our skills!" Luke said with a smile, trying to convince his friend.

"Fine."

"Sweet!" Millie smiled. "Now I can practice my shreds!"

"Millie," Sean laughed. "We aren't having a shred in the song. Hailey told you that already."

Millie groaned and rolled her eyes. "Fineee..."

The club members all gathered around their instruments aside from Luke and Jake. Jake noticed Luke's upset expression and walked up to him.

"Hey Luke?" He said and Luke turned his head to look at him. He smiled slightly.

"Oh, Jake! Do you need something?"

The boys realized that the club was staring at them. Jake looked back at Luke and whispered to him. "Let's talk in the hall-"

The boys went out into the hall and shut the door behind them.

"So, what do you need?"

"I couldn't help but notice you seem a bit down. Is everything alright?

Luke looked at the ground and placed his hand on the back of his neck. "Oh, yeah I'm okay..! Just.. The whole deadly toxins situation is worrying me. Only Hailey knows this, but there's someone I like. I haven't told them yet and I just keep thinking that if something bad happens, I'll lose my chance." He laughed awkwardly.

[Luke likes someone?] Jake thought to himself.

"You should tell her then."

Luke smiled, laughing slightly. Jake had a confused expression on his face. "Why are you laughing?" He asked.

"Nothing, nothing! It's just funny to me.. I never said the person I like is a girl."

Jakes eyes widened and felt the awkward atmosphere.

"You're gay?!" He shouted.

"Shh! Not so loud-!"

"Sorry, I just didn't expect that."