Personal Ice Pack- Catfish

Hanako + Nene, Romantic

Cutie patooties
Just a short little thing
---★★★---

Cutie patootiesJust a short little thing---★★★---

----★★★---

"Ugh- Hanako, get away!"

With a gentle shove, the ghost is pushed away off to the side, a small frown forming on his face.

"Oh c'mon, why? You act like I've got some kind of disease."

Nene narrowly dodges him, taking a few steps back and rubbing her arms to- hopefully- generate some warmth. "You're cold, Hanako. It's the middle of winter!"

"So what? I can't hold your hand?"

"No!"

He shies away, frowning, before attempting to ambush her again, only to be met with the end of her broom jabbing his gut.

"GET AWAY OLD MAN!"

"OLD MAN??"

---

"She always does that," Hanako mopes, sitting on the (closed) toilet seat of his stall, the red door closed and locked tight. Kou, on the other side, sighs heavily, and taps the door a few times.

"Jeez, aren't you being a little bit dramatic? These bathrooms are freezing in winter. I don't blame her," he counters, crossing his arms. Finally, the ghost floats through the stall door and gets right up in his face, smiling coyly.

"Goodness, the living are quite soft," he laughs and pokes Kou's face with a cold finger. He shudders and swats Hanako away, rolling his eyes.

"Hey! Eugh- I totally get what Nene was talking about... cold dead ghost hands all up on you must suck real bad."

"Excuse me-"

---

Sure enough, in a few short months it was spring, and then summer. Hanako had refrained from holding Yashiro's hand, hugging her, or even simply nudging her, due to her neverending complaints. Finally, it became far too hot outside for comfort, and, like everyone else, she wanted winter back.

-

Instinctively, Nene reaches out for Hanako's hand, hoping it'd help cool her down just a little. Instead, he swiftly dodges her and moves to the side with a careless smile. Confused, she tries again, attempting to interlock her fingers with his, only for the momentary bliss to leave and Hanako to drift away, his hands shoved in his pockets.

Nene frowns, setting her hand on her hip as the other grips the mop.

Hanako, playing dumb, looks at her with wide eyes. "What?"

"Why do you keep avoiding me?"

"Well I'm not, see?" He drifts closer to her, opening his arms out wide and gesturing to the entire bathroom. "We're in the same room aren't we?"

In response, Nene groans and sets the mop down. "No, I mean, why won't you, at the very least, hold my hand?"

Hanako cocks his head to the side. "I thought I was just some freezing cold old man. You said so," he mumbles, feigning sadness.

"I did not!"

He almost scoffs, giving her a bewildered look. "Well you implied it!"

She sighs, looking completely defeated, as she tugs on the sleeve of his uniform. "Come on, I didn't mean it like that. You're not freezing, and you're not an old man. I think- now please, it's so goddamn hot in this school, they don't pay for central air please Hanako please-"

"Goodness alright!" He laughs, patting her head and embracing her. "You're so dramatic sometimes."

She sinks into the ghost's embrace and sighs contentedly, cooling off a little. From that point on, she'd always hug one of his arms or have a hand intertwined with his.

-

Notes:

• I genuinely forgot about this book and most definitely will again
• I'm less into tbhk anyway but this was totally ready to publish and jus wasn't for some reason