Chapter 1 | Daisysoar

Several days had now passed since the small group of cats had escaped from 'Mapleleaf' or whatever was possessing him. After tracking him down, they were forced to flee because of the prophecy and the fact that they knew Mapleleaf's dirty secret. Who knew what the entity possessing him would do in order to keep himself secure?

Daisysoar slowly swivelled around, searching everyone's gazes for any signs of worry. Apparently, it seemed to just be her who was worried, as she paced back and forth beside a small pond where a half-awake Ferretspring sat, fishing for food. They were camped on a small side of a rocky and rough mountain that had a small mossy pond and a cave. Coincidentally, what they needed in order to plan what they would do properly. Inside the cave, Leafpaw and Foxpaw were chatting. Somewhere on the mountain, Squirrelclaw and Adderthroat were trying their hardest to find any prey on the barren and rocky place. Although, maybe some rats would be nearby in some of the cracks.

"You're worried?" A voice asked behind Daisysoar, startling her.

"You aren't, Jayfrost?" Daisysoar responded, her green eyes shocked. "Our only guide is a feeling. We're heading this way, but what if it's wrong? Will we ever get back?"

"I don't usually believe in this sort of stuff, but I have full faith in StarClan and our directions," Jayfrost admitted, twirling his two blue-grey tails. His fur was striped white, and his blue eyes showcased that there was something more to this.

"Do you know something?" Daisysoar interrogated, searching him for any sign she could point out that he was nervous. Her white and grey fur on end, she advanced towards him.

"No," He briskly denied, stepping back to de-escalate. "I just know. Have faith."

"Here you are," A more timid voice meowed, holding two fish in his mouth from the pond.

"Thank you, Ferretspring." Daisysoar gratefully took one of the fish.

"You look tired. Why don't you send Leafpaw and Foxpaw to eat out here so you can sleep in the cave?" Jayfrost suggested. Evidently, Ferretspring was still suffering from his sleep issue, where he could barely garner enough sleep to make it through a whole day.

"Alright," He dipped his tawny brown head in thanks before disappearing into the cavern, the last white splotch on his pelt disappearing into it. Before long, Foxpaw and Leafpaw were made visible to the warm sunbeams as they found a small pile of fish.

Just then, Squirrelclaw and Adderthroat returned, empty-pawed. "There's nothing out there, I swear!" Adderthroat hissed to himself, shaking his black fur. His sharp grey stripes perfectly highlighted his attitude, in Daisysoar's opinion.

"I think there is, but it just knows how to hide among the cracks in the mountain," Squirrelclaw admitted. "We aren't used to cliffs."

"In the cracks? Prey is easy to find in there!" Foxpaw boasted, puffing out his orange fur. His black-tipped tail slowly swished as he flicked one of his similarly jet-black tipped ears.

"We'll show you!" Leafpaw meowed, leaping to her brown paws.

"Not on an empty stomach. Ferretspring got us some fish, so eat up first." Jayfrost flicked his tails towards the piles, and they each picked up one, diminishing the pile to only a few, before plopping themselves down next to everyone.

"So, what's our next step? Keep going west?" Leafpaw inquired from around the fish she held in her mouth. "Is that really safe?"

"What else can we do?" Adderthroat sulked, his blue and amber eyes fixated on the rough rocky ground beneath them. "We were chased out of our Clan!" Daisysoar took a deep breath, inhaling the fishy scent that surrounded them.

"We do have to keep going on, but another priority we haven't yet considered is eye powers. We only know mine and Foxpaw's." Daisysoar spoke, attempting a leadership position.

"Who knows, maybe Ferretspring's power is sleeping?" Foxpaw joked, pointing at Ferretspring who seemed to be lying, cosily sleeping in the makeshift den. However, they were shocked to see him roll over and face the group, his amber eyes open.

"You're forgetting the priority of health. W-w should still try and have fun and be happy on the trip to keep spirits up." He spoke before rolling over again. Soon, the rising and falling of his stomach grew more relaxed, indicating he was sleeping.

"He's right," Squirrelclaw was the first to speak, nodding her head in agreement. "If anything happens, come right to me!" No one disagreed, and it was soon settled that health was also a priority on their ever-growing list, and Squirrelclaw would take charge.

"So, when should we leave here?" Adderthroat asked the tough question, tearing into his fish.

"Tomorrow, after we show you how to search the rocks," Foxpaw suggested, his blue eyes eager, and once again everyone agreed. Daisysoar turned and looked west, among the many treacherous mountains they would have to cross. But still, she should have hope. She could save her Clanmates. Get revenge for Splashtail. And maybe, just maybe, find the Deathberry Assassin along the way.

Tomorrow, their journey would carry on.