Chapter 20: Low Tide

"No matter how prepared you are, there is still someone that will drive you to stutter, moreover spill a coffee to yourself"

🌊Low Tide🌊

...^-^......^-^......^-^......^-^...

The bus was welcomed by a large degrading wood arch that has a sign carved the name of the place. The concrete road became stone pavements to smaller rocks the deeper we go through the area. Fog didn't seem to allude on the windows, since, I feel that the temperature inside is almost equal to outside. Freezing and cold.

Our feet finally flexed from the six hours of being seated. One at a time, we hopped out of the bus along with some other baggage. Warmer than the feeling inside of the four-wheeled fridge. The sun seemed to hide behind a peck of clouds.

After a brief reminders the coaches gave us, we head out to the cafeteria to eat. Eating here was never been on my list of to-dos. But I've already thought it through and put my picky self away. Seated on a wooden chair without arms and back to lean on. Lunch is served with curry, stirred vegetables, and boiled eggs, but not any simple food, rather seasoned and decorated with flavor. I stared at it first, surprised, and it made me think. What even makes this meal great? In fact, it was rhetorical and I was stunned on how appetizing the meal was.

All of us, six, enjoyed lunch. Or you could say at least five. After we left from eating, acknowledging the fact that it was worth the stomach space, we were called to fall in line. One windpipe of noise on the hands of one great but loud trainer, when joined, formed a whistle in gym class. Height wasn't the most important part so I stood between the two tallest people in the world. Other students or should I say trainees starting to pile up, making more lines of live tissues.

"Coaches will live together. Pedophilia to those who don't... Just kidding. Anyway, each room can accommodate two persons. Boys and boys, and girls and girls only." For a moment, Ms. Aelyza drove away the megaphone and whispered something to Tori. "I know it doesn't make sense because you're a lessy...Uhuh, we're a lessy."

Stunned looks on Tori but she just laughed it off. She returned to her megaphone, "But rules are rules so don't try to disobey the rules. And favor, no using of sacred parts while the sun is out...or at least don't get caught."

Sickened expressions quickly dampen on everyone's faces. Some even nauseate or at least acting to be nauseous. Clarity held one's hand while aiming to vomit. Some boys in the back were crazy laughing. I heard a chuckled from behind and it was Sage, Rijo showed a smile while arms crossed, and the other coaches feast on laughter. All of them were all that while I stood with one brow raised. At least, Noah's on my team of not getting it, or maybe he's always like that, daydreaming in his own world.

Coach Mike made a slick move to steal Ms. Aelyza's megaphone and shouted, "Chop, chop!" She quickly pull it off him.

We took a walk throughout the camp to our cabins. It's still a five percent exploration but I still enjoyed looking at some newer things for me along the way. We stopped walking when we arrived at some old degrading cabins. Coach faced us and raised a paper up her front, slowly bringing it closer. She adjusted her eyeglasses.

"You know the drill girls, Cabin eighteen."

"What? Why can't I just be with other people. I know Francine from broadcasting, I can just be roomies with her. You know that she's attracted to me, right?" Clarity complained.

"Excuse me? I don't like girls who runs their mouth non-stop and kept flirting with people who doesn't want her, and especially blonde," Tori retorted.