N⃞ew Traditions

It was not long past seven in the evening when Liz spotted Michael walking up to her amidst the crowd of the party, Theo against his front in his tiny Olaf Halloween costume.

"Someone has been screaming for you for the last twenty minutes." Michael chuckles, turning the whining baby in his arms to face Liz.

"Ah! Mama! Ah!" Theo babbled excitedly at the sight of his mother, arms outstretched towards Liz's chest.

"I wonder what he wants." Liz rolls her eyes playfully, taking the one year old from her husband and sitting on the nearest couch.

Pulling the neckline of her dress down and to the right, she held Theo against her chest and allowed him to latch onto her breast which he quickly did, suckling desperately with no problems at all. Liz wouldn't ever tire of staring back into his bold dark eyes as her own blue ocean eyes softened merely at the sight of him.

"Where's Ellie?" Michael asks suddenly, looking around Ariana's busy living room and not seeing anyone below even five foot, so searching for a five year old was almost impossible.

"Uhm... I had her a few minutes ago. I think Matt took her with him to go get a snack." Liz mentions, not at all worried since this was her children's godmothers house, and there was only one child wearing an Elsa costume, wig included.

"Liz! What if she's ended up taking a cup of punch by mistake? Or, or, or an adult jello shot?! She could even be-"

"There's my bestie!" Ariana smiles, passing Liz a ghost shaped cookie in the hand she wasn't supporting Theo's head with.

"Thanks Dingus! These are so cute." Liz looks at the icing decorations on the cookie before taking a quick bite.

"Ari, you haven't seen Ellegra, have you?" Michael asks, looking around and trying not to panic which was usually his wife's area of expertise.

"Sure. She's with Leon playing beer pong." Ariana says casually and Liz laughs as Michael's eyes widen. "Oh, don't worry Michael. Ellegra tosses the ball and Leon drinks."

"Is she with Gio and Ivry?" Liz asks, adjusting Theo's head so she could be slightly more comfortable.

"Yeah. Daniella's steering them away from any non-vegan candy." Ariana tells her, watching as her best friend barely listens and a frown takes over her face.

"You good, babe?" Michael asks, anticipating the answer when her face screwed up completely.

"He's just biting now. Theo, honey, let's get your pacifier." Liz gently pries him away from her chest and Michael quickly places the pacifier in his mouth in replacement.

"He'll be asleep in two minutes." Michael chuckles, taking the one year old from her so she can have a break.

"I'll take Theo if you both want to spend some time with Ellegra." Ariana offers.

"Oh, uh... it's okay. But thanks." Liz says, taking Theo back from Michael.

"Liz, remember when I said you should ask for help, and trust me, and let me actually be a godmother for a while." Ariana laughs softly, holding her arms out for the baby.

"Alright. We'll go play with Ellie." Liz says shyly, handing an already sleeping Theo over carefully.

After a few Halloween games with Ellegra, Gio and Ivry, Daniella and Liz leave the kids with Michael and Andrew to get a drink.

"I feel like we haven't seen each other in ages." Liz sighs, silently deciding which non-alcoholic drink to choose; cherry Kool Aid or grape Fanta.

"I know, it sucks! But between work and school it's been so difficult to all get together." Daniella says, picking up a glass of white wine and sitting down next to Liz.