An Apple in a Land Without Magic

"Is this all your stuff?" Henry asked, looking at the boxes in the back seat of the Beetle with him as Emma drove through town.

"All I need," the blonde replied.

"Wait, you wanna go now? We're leaving–now?" Reagan asked.

"Un-huh. I"m getting you out of here, away from all this. Away from her."

"No, no, stop the car! You can't leave Storybrooke: You and Reagan have to break the curse!" Henry said.

"No, we don't. I have to help you."

"But we're heroes; we can't run!" Reagan yelled. "We have to help everybody!"

"Reagan . . ." Emma said.

The teen looked ahead to see the Leaving Storybrooke sign. Reagan grabbed the steering wheel and swung it away, making Emma lose control of the car.

"Reagan!" the blonde yelled.

The car swung in a circle before landing in the ditch, coming to a stop.

"Reagan–what were you doing?!" Emma yelled. "You could have gotten us killed!"

"Please! Please don't make us go!" the ravenette yelled. "We can't go! Everything's here: Me, Henry, your parents, your family, everyone! They need us; your family needs you!"

*   *   *   *   *

Enchanted Forest, thirty years ago

"Did you really think that I would let you get away?" King George asked Prince Charming as his guards held the prince on the ground in the castle courtyard. "Hmm? It would appear you've had quite an adventure since then."

Prince Charming groaned, "Whatever it is you're gonna do to me, get on with it!"

The king nodded to his guards. They stood up, bringing The Prince up with them, bringing him closer to the king.

"I took you in as my son and you betrayed me! I would have given you everything. The crown, the kingdom. All you had to do was marry King Midas' daughter, but you decided to follow true love."

"Losing my life for love, that's a sacrifice I am happy to make."

"As you wish."

The guards brought Prince Charming over to a guillotine. They set him inside as King George went to his throne.

"Release the blade," the king said.

The executioner did. Just before it hit Charming's neck, it turned into water. Everyone looked around in shock, whilst King George knew what it was immediately.

"What is the meaning of this?" he asked.

"Sorry to drop in on you."

George looked to the entrance of his courtyard to see The Evil Princess and her mother, The Evil Queen.

"Serenity, Regina. What do you want?"

"I want the man you pretend is your son, and I'm prepared to pay any riches Midas promised you in return for him," The Evil Queen said.

"What do you plan to do to him?"

"Oh, I promise he'll suffer. Far more than some swift and simple beheading."

"How?" George asked.

"By using him to destroy his one true love. By using him to bring an end to Snow White."

*   *   *   *   *

Storybrooke Maine, Present Day