Only Hope

CHAPTER 1

The only person who had the brains and all the knowledge about castle’s business with the outside world was their public administration minister.

Kim Namjoon, his school accquintance, mated with the most beautiful omega of Therondia, Kim Seokjin, who used to be his caretaker when he was a trainee in their military.

Jungkook knew Namjoon was loyal to the king and would never help him if it went against the king’s order, so he chose to convince his mate. 

It was said that Namjoon was a very loyal husband and mate, who adored his omega to bits and never denied him anything. He wasn’t a hundred percent sure if Seokjin would help him, but he remembered how kind the omega was, always trying to save him from harsh training days and severe punishments.
He just hoped Seokjin haven’t forgotten about him.

A knock on the door of his chambers shook him out of his thoughts, and a few seconds later, the door opened.

Jasmine, so powerful.

Jungkook had forgotten how strong and divine the omega smelled, and it oddly comforted him a lot, as it was common for alphas to find an omegan scent more calming and relaxing than any others’.

“Prince Jungkook, it’s been a while.” Seokjin bowed down, but it was clear he was not scared of Jungkook’s status.

Ah, well, he hoped he was. Would’ve been easier for him to order the omega rather than convincing him.

“Oh, yes, it has been a while, Seokjin-shi. Why don’t you take a seat?”

He watched as the omega made his way to the cushioned chairs near his tea table and took a seat. “Do you even use this space? I haven’t seen you in the castle for so long. it feels like ages.”

“It has been a while since I came in here, I even forgot how my chamber used to look, if I’m being honest.” Jungkook took his seat in front of Seokjin and busied himself in pouring tea for both of them, “how do you like you tea?”

“Frothy and sweet.” Seokjin gave a notorious wink to the prince, making him chuckle at his silliness. “You didn’t change much.”

“How so?” Seokjin raised his brows at Jungkook’s statement.

“You’re still you, I thought being mated to a high-class minister would bring change in your attitude. It’s quite good to see someone without a stick up their ass.”

Seokjin’s laugh filled the chambers in such a pretty manner that it made Jungkook laugh as well. Of course, he did not forget the elder’s wholesome laugh.

“Well, I am not a fan of taking it up my ass anyway.”  A charming smile made its way on Jungkook’s face upon the omega’s ministrations. He didn’t realize it until now, but he had missed him. Seokjin reminded him of a time in his life when living in a castle that did not fill his soul with dullness but rather made him happy.

“I’m not going to beat around the bush, Seokjin-shi, I called you here because I need something from you.”

“I guessed that much. Why would the handsome prince call his old caretaker after his long awaited return to the castle? Of course you want something. It’s not like you would miss me or something.” Taking a long sip of his tea, the omega waited for the prince to speak.

“I want you to convince your mate to leak some information that I can use to blackmail the royals to get out of the palace”

Jungkook’s eyes widened as he hurriedly stood up and patted the omega’s back, who had apparently choked on his tea and was letting out strangled coughs.