Chapter 20: Dead end

"Let's start with something simple", y/ns voice appeared in the distance.

"Do we have a name?"

"The complaint was filed against someone in the name of Milo Clarkson", JARVIS answered.

Bucky slowly woke up from his sleep. When he opened his eyes he saw y/n ready for the day, already talking to JARVIS and working on something. It was bright outside, the day had already started. Bucky had been studying the files for hours upon hours the night before and must have fallen asleep at some point. While he seemed to have reached a dead end, she seemed to be more successful. Bucky stretched, put all the papers that were wildly spread around him back into their folder and quietly got to the glass door.

"JARVIS, can you show me on the map where to find this station?"

The map appeared on the table and a small spot on his end of the table turned red. Y/n turned around and finally noticed him. She looked him up and down. While she was already freshly showered, his hair was probably disheveled, his shirt was frizzy and his face was still a little wrinkled. His cleared his throat.

"What are you doing?"

His voice was still very deep. There was no way she didn't notice he just got up.

"I think I found something", she said while she got up from her desk chair.

She grabbed a coffee mug from the corner of the desk, walked around the conference table to get a better look at the point that JARVIS had just marked.

"Coffee?", she asked smirking while forcing the mug into his hand.

She turned around to face the map and he started smiling. This was something he could get used to. Being woken up by her, a coffee already close by. She must have walked in earlier and seen him sleeping. Instead of making fun of him or yelling at him, she got him a coffee. It was just a small gesture but it definitely made his morning. Satisfied about the coffee, he walked up to the conference table.

"Last night I found a short note about a complaint in the filed. Apparently, a few teenagers broke into an old metro station to actually find a metro that was left behind. An angry neighbor filed the complaint. Nothing special. Probably just about them partying or something. BUT: There are multiple graffiti on the wagons of the metro."

She explained everything very excited, but Bucky didn't see how any of this was useful information.

"So this guy Clarkson wasn't the first one down there. That shouldn't be too surprising."

She rolled her eyes at him: "JARVIS, show him the pictures I just found on social media."

On the black wall a lot of pictures of an abandoned metro station and of drinking teenagers were displayed.