Chapter 4

Kings honor

As Sniper walks back to the camp with the other she puts her gun away and keeps her hand on her belt, close to her knife. People walk past her respectfully and some even make a path for her. She's known to be one not to be messed around with. Her village is surrounded by a large stone wall with only a single door that can be walked out of at a time, even though it gives them protection in case of an attack from other humans or the humans monster alibis. As she approaches the door the guards move aside for her to pass….she puts her hand on the scanner and the door opens. Walking through she sighs as she stretches and pops her back. “Ugh…..it's been a day….” she regains herself and she walks through the next door with the scanner. The smell of the bakery down the street hits her hard with its scent. She closes the door and a little girl runs up to her from a group of playing kids, she smiles a bit.

“Sissy!” Poppy yells. “Hey there short stuff, you doing alright?” “yeah! I was playing with my friends while you were away, where did you go?” Sniper kneeled down, “poppy you know i can't tell you that information” "c'mon-! You never tell me anything! I'm almost 10!” Poppy huffs and crosses her arms “hmm…fine…..come with me…the king said he needed me for something.” “YAY!”

Poppy and Sniper have been sisters since forever, ever since the incident with NewMoon, she's been trying to keep herself from going into full nightmare mode when she gets angry or upset. She doesn't want her to take control and destroy everything she's worked for. Poppy was skipping as they approached the king's castle. “Poppy,” Sniper said as she looked down at her. “Yes?” “I'm going to take you in, but you must do as I say and do as I do, okay?” Poppy nods quickly. Sniper opens the doors and she walks through the long hallway. The natural lighting from the windows makes most things look a yellowish color. Popy was in awe, she's never been inside the castle before. Sniper smiles slightly, but as they reach the doors her smile fades again, she sighs as she looks at poppy. “Behave.” “yes mam.” Sniper opens the door and she walks through, poppy behind her, she starts to walk up to the throne. Poppy walks alongside her.

She gets on her knees and Poppy quickly does the same as they reach the throne. “My king, you needed me?” “ah! Smantha and poppy! It's been awhile!” the king jumps from his throne and he stands in front of them with a metal sphere in his hand.

“Rise up sammy, you know you can be yourself around me.” “sniper rolls her eyes and she stands crossing her arms, “you needed me Undine your ‘undying-ness’.” “Okay now you're just being rude.” sniper snickers. Undine looks at her and he rolls his eyes. “I needed you because it turns out there was a strange and quite large figure they had caught lurking in the shadows of the woods.” undine says in a more serious tone. Snipers look at him waiting for more. “Aaannnddd?” “It seems like it's obvious what you have to do sam.” “stop calling me by that name ry-an.” “oh now we're just getting personal! What have I ever done to make you use THAT name on me?” “use my dead name” “okay fair”

Sniper sighs, “well, guess i should go take care of the creep then?” “Sniper, wait, before you do anything,” he pulled out a fancy box and he opened it. “Listen, I know I've asked you a million times but I feel like-” “no, i've told you at least a thousand times i cannot be queen, i don't want to be sitting on a throne next to you all day. It may sound harsh but I'm just not a person that can be tamed, I'm not a dog or a cat. I just, i can't-”  “sniper, just ...please…..think about it…” undine looks to the side and he puts the box back in his large pocket. Sniper sighs and she walks out of the room, “common poppy,” “okay, byebye king undine!” poppy waves as she walks out with Sniper.