Chapter Five

The stranger in the woods

. • ° . . ° . ¸ . ☪︎ ° . • ° . 。˚. ੈ ° .. • ° . . ° . ¸ . ☪︎

Sniper has dropped off poppy with her friends again and she walks out of the village through the door. She sighs and she walks through camp with a tired expression. “Sarge, are you okay?” one of the men in the tent asked as he was getting the bottom of his ankle where his foot used to be, it seems they had to amputate it. “God, I'm fine but it dont seem like you are,” “yeah, I got caught in a bear trap, heh,'' Sniper sighs and she walks in. she ruffles the man's hair. “Get better okay? I need you on the field soon.” she smiled a bit, he smiled and he nodded. “Mam yes mam!” Sniper walks back out of the tent and she gets out of the camp. She pulls her pistol from her belt out and she goes silent as she starts to move out through the woods.

As she keeps walking, she starts to realize how the silence remains, her eyes moving from side to side as she scans her surroundings, she pauses.

It's very quiet.

Too quiet.

She keeps her finger on the trigger and she keeps it pointed towards the floor, no signs of any animals, odd, not even any bugs were making sounds. A larger predator must be near, she holds her gun out as she stays silent.

Silence….

She looks around and she gets the feeling of being watched. She throws a smoke bomb down and she goes behind a tree. Coughing can be heard as she goes towards the noise silently with her gun steady. as she gets to the spot where she hears coughing,  then it stops. She looks confused as no one's there, a figure in a hood emerges from behind.

"What are we looking for?"

She flips around and she points her gun straight at the figure's head. "HANDS IN THE AIR! GET ON THE GROUND NOW!" The figure chuckles. "Woah! Woah! Calm down, Heh I'm not here to cause trouble." It gets closer pointing her gun to the side. "If you are not a threat you will tell me why you're here, what region of the overworld where you're from and your name." Sniper snaps as she points her gun back at them. The figure puts his hands up to his chest, " if I'm gonna talk to you put the gun away or point it away from me." "Nice try, but that ain't happening."

The figure sighs and he looks at her, "my names sans, im from the underground." Snipers eyes narrow, "no one lives in the underground anymore, not in mount ebott." She presses the barrel of the gun against his head, "Tell the truth." Not being able to see his face, she watches as he takes his hoodie off with a smile. Sniper almost dropped her rifle, she was wide eyed as she lowers her gun a bit.

"W-what? No, this is impossible! Mother said our race was erased!" Her eyes dart back and forth as she looks at his boney hands. "Cause I ain't from your woods kid," he chuckles and he leans back on the tree with his hands on his pockets. She seems confused. "What is that supposed to mean!?" She suddenly gets a flashback to when NewMoon came through the portal to greet her mother from years ago. her head aches and she holds it, "n-not…..not now NewMoon," holding her head with a hand as her gun points to the ground.

"Huh….that seems too familiar," he says as he watches goop drip from her head. She sighs as she gets it to retreat back and she looks at him, "tell me, where are you from and why are you here?" She looks at him up and down a bit shorter than him but only slightly. "I'm from the underground, then I got taken from it by a dude named Nightmare, I rebelled against him and his crew and now I'm here." He looks at her with his white and blue eyes. Sniper seems confused. "confusing, but you cant be from my underground, I know everyone here, it's not like you teleported here randomly, like any of us have magic." He chuckles "I do, just not the kind you expect,"

Rolling her eyes she holds her hand out for him to take "my names sniper, head of the military here," he takes her hand.

Pppfffttttttttttttt-

A woopie cushion was attached to his hand. Snipers expression turned into a frown. "Really, a woopie cushion hand trick? What the hell dude," he chuckles, "sorry, I haven't joked around in awhile," he stares at her goop silently.

It's starting to get a bit dark and he looks up at the sky. "I suggest you get out of here." Sniper says looking at him. "Oh don't worry about me, but uh, stay clear of the woods tonight, okay?" He says with a smile. "Really you should stay clear, my men are going to do their nightly patrol soon, and if they see you your gonna be taken prisoner, and trust me, our cells aint comfy," she Snickers as she smiles a bit. "If you want you could stay at my house, it is gonna be below the 20s tonight, and will possible snow, and I'm sure my lil sis won't mind me having a visitor," her white eyes turn a soft lilac purple for a second.

"Heh, I appreciate the offer but I'm not very pleasant at night, gotta scram! Nice meeting you sanny!" He Snickers before running off into the darkness of the woods. Snipers eyes turned back into her normal white, "GOD DAMMIT, ANOTHER NICKNAME!" She grumbles as she starts to jog towards camp.

End of chapter 5

. • ° . . ° . ¸ . ☪︎ ° . • ° . 。˚. ੈ ° .. • ° . . ° . ¸ . ☪︎

YES I KNOW I KNOW THIS IS A SANS AU CROSSOVER, I'm friends with the creator of this au and we did this part TOGETHER. So yeah the man's name is Gene by the way. Anywho cya later you guys!

. • ° . . ° . ¸ . ☪︎ ° . • ° . 。˚. ੈ ° .. • ° . . ° . ¸ . ☪︎