Kung Lao X Reader 🍋: Best of the Best

"Ack!" Raiden yelped out, having been kicked to the ground by none other than his best friend, Kung Lao. He landed on his rear with a thud, taking no time to reach around and rub the now sore area. Raiden gave Kung Lao a glare, "That was dirty."

Kung Lao only chuckled in response and shrugged his shoulders, "When you fight to survive there are no dirty tricks." A smirk found its way to his face, taking steps to pick up Raiden's hat that fell from his head when he fell. He then made his way to his friend who was still rubbing his sore ass. "Here." Kung Lao reached out a hand to help Raiden up, to which his friend gladly took.

"Thank you." Raiden huffed and rubbed the back of his neck, "We started training together. I still don't get how you always win, even after that one time I actually got a win?" He then shot Kung Lao another friendly glare, "Maybe it's all those cheap shots you keep making."

Kung Lao faked a face of shock, "What? No, of course not!" He slapped the hat down on Raiden's head and basically slapped his back, causing Raiden to mumbled out a "Ow." Kung Lao held his head high, "I'm just simply better."

The two share a chuckle, wrapping an arm around each other's shoulders as they left the training area together. The sun was already setting, they did all their hard work for the day and did their training and now it was time for their weekly eat out at Madam Bo's.

At Madam Bo's, Raiden was staring at a lost-in-thought Kung Lao with half a empty bowl in front of him. Normally Kung Lao would be shoving food down his throat, he could've have already eaten about five bowls by now, but something caught his attention. Something more important than food.

Raiden cleared his throat, "Kung Lao?" His friend didn't look at him. Instead he rested an elbow on the table with his chin resting on his hand, staring off to the side at another table. Raiden's gaze followed his and it landed on a beautiful young woman, just about a year younger than them, standing a few tables away talking some customers. Raiden rolled his eyes, a knowing smile on his face, "Staring at (Y/N) again, Kung Lao?"

"Yeah..." Kung Lao mumbled out, a sigh following after. "Isn't she just the most beautiful women you've ever seen?"

Raiden looked back at the woman and shrugged, "She's beautiful, yeah." He wasn't going to disagree with that, but he was already interested in someone else. After they gotten back from all that chaos with the realms and timeline and finally settled back into their quiet life for the time being, Raiden's mind could never take itself off Kitana.

Kung Lao groaned to himself and looked back at his bowl, "I was thinking about asking her out. You think Madam Bo would kill me if I did?"

Raiden stopped eating, his eyes meeting Kung Lao's. "Hmm..." He slurped up a noodle that was hanging from his mouth and swallowed, "Probably?" Actually, he had no doubt that she'd skin him alive.

(Y/N) was Madam Bo's grandniece. She herself never had kids, so (Y/N) was the closest she'd get to having a grandchild of her own. (Y/N) left the Lin Kuei when she was young, wanting to move in with Madam Bo and getting away from the clan life. She preferred this much more peaceful and easy going life to one of being an assassin. The two met her around age 10 and basically grew up together after that. She was always a better fighter because of her time training with the Lin Kuei, but ever since she moved here she cared very little to fight. She could still take them though if she really wanted, and the two knew this. But over time Kung Lao's attention on her grew into something else.

Raiden cleared his throat, "You can ask her?"

"No!" The place went quiet as everyone turned to stare at the two after Kung Lao's shout, especially a certain beautiful woman. Kung Lao looked around and gave everyone an embarrassed wave, causing everyone to go back to their business. Once no one was staring at them, Kung Lao leaned closer to Raiden and hissed out, "What would I even say? "Hello, Madam Bo, aren't you looking as lovely as ever? Hey! Can I date your grandniece-""