Pretty Eyes & Interrogations

Chapter 7- Pretty Eyes & Interrogations

With my head in the clouds, my attention span has been incredibly awful throughout the day. During all of my classes, my mind wandered into several daydreams. I thought of what I'll do as Indie Meringue next, how I'll travel back into the story, and the questions that ring in my head that I'm dying to ask Ms. Devlin.

How long did Ms. Devlin own the book? Did someone give it her or did she find it? How does the book work? Why exactly did she choose to give it to me of all people? How is it all possible? These questions desperately need answers and fast.

None of the magical experience feels real, but I know it is. For certain, I know I didn't just dream it, but yet it still feels as if it was a dream. The situation seems almost too good to be true, but it's definitely true.

"Lace?" Candy says to me from across the lunch table as she waves her hand in front of my face.

"Huh?" I say, leaving my thoughts behind.

"I just asked you what you're thinking about. I can tell you're in deep thought. Is something wrong?"

"Nope," I say, popping the 'p', "everything is dandy!" My voice comes across very enthusiastic and passionate.

"Well, you're happier than usual!" Candy exclaims. "What's put you in such a good mood today?"

I pondered last night whether I should tell Candy or Nadia about what happened, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to. I mean, maybe Ms. Devlin wants it to be a secret. Even though I want to spill about everything I encountered, it might be best for me to just keep it to myself.

"I just... have been really engaged in my story I've been writing recently, and I'm really excited over it," I tell her without having to lie.

"Wait," Pierre jumps in, "you write, too?"

"Yeah."

"So you're not only a bookworm, but you're also a writer. Nice!" Pierre states, impressed.

A smile creeping onto my face, "Thanks."

"Is it the one about that boy and girl who fall in love while they're doing a school play?" Candy asks.

"Mmhmm..." I say as my mind pictures Chaniel's gorgeousness.

"That one is my favorite out of the ones you've written," Candy tells me before looking over at Pierre. "Honestly, she's really talented at writing."

"Thank you!" A sense of pride comes over me at Candy's compliment. It's good to know that someone enjoys what you love to do, and that they think you do it well. Writing is tricky, and I'm happy knowing that someone thinks I do it justice.

Pierre raises his eyebrows at me, "Well, I wouldn't mind taking a look at your writing even though I'm not a fan of Romance."

Candy gasps, "You don't like Romance?"

"Nope. I like reading more Adventure and Action, but I don't mind a hint of Romance mixed in." He explains to us as he begins to eat a sandwich Candy gave him.

Pierre's floppy black hair hangs in his eyes to the point where you can't even see what color they are. Candy gently reaches up, running her fingers through his hair to move it away from his green eyes.

Eek! So sweet! I think to myself.

"What was that for?" Pierre asks with a chuckle.

"Your hair was in your eyes," Candy states sweetly.

Raising an eyebrow, he replies, "So?"

"I couldn't see your eyes, and they're too pretty to be covered up." Candy says, blushing.