Chapter seven:Soothing wounds.

My ears rang as I sat there, still coverd in blood, gash on my cheek burning with anger. These mantis blades still wrapped up in cloth, looking down at the floor as Maine talked to me and Rebecca about the job. Took a slap to the head from Maine to get me to focus again.

Maine:Y/N! FOCUS THE FUCK UP!

Y/N:Fuck Maine, did you really have to slap me that hard?

Maine:Well it got you out of that fucking trance you were in did it?

Y/N:Your right... anyways, what were you saying?

Maine sighed and pinched his eyes under his glasses.

Maine:I was saying that im going to trust you both with bigger one off jobs like these. With how you both worked, how you both cooperated, how you both got in and out very fast with evidence to pile up. I'd say the both of you together are the best pair of Edgerunners I've seen in a long while, sure as shit doing better than Luce and David have been doing. Fucking love birds won't separate from eachother.

Hearing this my ears perked up.

Y/N:D got with Lucy?

Maine looked at me with a dissapointed look.

Maine:Isnt he your fucking brother? Don't he tell you shit?

Y/N:He does, this was one thing he didn't tell me....

Maine smirked and chuckled.

Maine:I can tell that your shook up from all this shit. Go home and get cleaned up Y/N, we'll be having a bash later tonight if your down to fuck around and find out what an Edgerunner party is like.

Looking up at Maine he was smiling from ear to ear.

Maine:Know what, ill take you home kid. Becca you can chill for a bit and get all cleaned up.

Rebecca:Wait what the fuck? You never offered us a ride? Why give him the offer?

Maina:Don't get snippy at me Becca, just because your little boy toy won't be with you don't mean you can be bitchy about it.

Rebecca:BITCHY?!

Getting up from the couch I looked at Maine, then down at Rebecca who was fuming.

Y/N:Itll be okay Becca, you'll be at that party yeah?

Rebecca calmed down slightly, she crossed her arms and looked away from us.

Rebecca:Yeah.... I will....

Y/N:Then ill see you soon, you got my promise.

Rebecca looked at me and smiled slightly.

Rebecca:Yeah... sure... see you soon night owl...

Y/N:Night owl?....

Before I could question her she walked off and out of the warehouse. Looking up at Maine he was just as confused.

Maine:Dont know what that was all about, anyways. Leave those blades here kid and follow me.

Y/N:Whatever you say boss...

As Maine walked I followed behind him, he had some sort of pride in his strut. Some sort of gratification from doing this. As we exited the warehouse we heard Rebecca's bike roar into the roads of Night city.

Maine:She sure peeled out fast.

Y/N:No kidding....

Maine:Anyways, my ride is not that far.

As we rounded the corner what was laid infront of me was a dark purple super car with what looked to be bullet proof tinted glass, Arasaka badlands tyres. I bet hearing the engine go off would be like a nuke going off in the distance.