Chapter 1 - Who is Maria Di Angelo?

Who was Maria Di Angelo? She is a mother to two children, she is the one true love of Hades, she also a daughter to her parents.

Maria Di Angelo is a ray of hope for many people, a professor, and she was also the daughter of a diplomat in the 1900's and a goddess.

Maria Di Angelo was the daughter of Enrico Di Angelo and Gaia, the primordial of Earth. Making her one of the most powerful Half-Bloods in history.

Maria di Angelo was killed by Zeus in 1940, when Nico was only 8 years old, and Maria 36 years old.

But was she really dead? It's a known fact that no one, not even Zeus, can kill children of Gaia on the ground.

So, is she dead? 

No. she did die, but when Zeus struck the lighting bolt, she was on the ground, and if you read the powers, the ground saved her from death. So she did die, but when her body (insert air bunnies) was taken to the Underworld, the ground actually bought her to life. She somehow snuck away from the Furies, and watched her children get dipped in the River Lethe. On that spot, she swore to herself she would get her children back. She would get the antidote from the Primordial City (the city where the primordials meet. It's more like a whole planet, but it's small).

She slowly went out of the Underworld using her Domain Sense to locate the surface. That's where we are now.

(Alenthielsa is a OC of mine. She is the daughter of Chaos, Primordial of Reality, Spirits and Mother of Dragons. Also in my story, I'm gonna use the different version of Persephone's myth. She entered the Underworld on her own free will, and stayed there for 6 months on her free will because she was the goddess of life and death as well. Hades and Persephone are like BFFs here.Not lovers or married, even though she is the queen. Anyway, back to the story.)

"Maria" An ethereal voice called from behind her, the entrance to the underworld. Maria froze, the voice of the Queen of Primordials stopping her in her tracks. Alenthielsa.

"Lady Alenthielsa," Maria said in her Italian accent. "What brings you here?"

"You." Alenthielsa answered. "I can fix your problem, my dear niece."

Maria's eyes narrowed. "How?"

"Hades will put your children in the Lotus Casino to shield them from his immortal family, hide them in time.I could put you there as well. You could bring back your children's memories, spend time with them. raise them. I'll bring you out at the right time. You are very important my dear."

"How exactly am I important, milady?" Maria asked confused. "Nothing has come up yet."

Alenthielsa just smiled, her platinum side braid glowing in the dark. "Some legends are just born in the wrong time." 

With that she snapped her fingers, and a laurel tree amulet appeared in her hand. 

(Just imagine the Amber in the back is obsidian, which is shiny black volcanic rock)

Maria wasn't sure to trust the goddess or not. Alenthielsa sensing this said, "You have no reason to trust me, but it's your choice. Survive in this time, on your own in the wrong period, or take the amulet and trust me to guide you. You will play an important role, Maria Di Angelo, but you will have to wait for it. So..." Alenthielsa trailed off and the amulet levitated in mid air between the two. Maria noticed that the amulet signified Daphne's turn to a laurel tree. Huh?

"What is it going to be, then?" Alenthielsa said, no expression on her face, her silver crown glinting harshly in the moonlight. Maria thought for a little while, then thrust out her hand to take the amulet, nodding yes as she did. Alenthilesa smiled. 

"Wise choice. Your destiny is yours, Daughter of Gaia. The amulet will guide you to Las Vegas, where the Casino is. Where your children are currently. I suggest you wear a cloak, to hide you. You should teleport to Las Vegas, and then the amulet will lead the way."

Maria nodded in understanding, and then toughed her palms to the volcanic rock at the entrance of the underworld. A heavy black fabric clinged to her hand as it came out of the wall. A heavy cloak was in her hands. It had various shades of black.. Some shiny, some metallic, some matte and light, and had obsidian stones sewn in here and there. The cloak was then draped over the Daughter of Gaia's shoulders and the hood replacing the veiled hat which was now in her left hand, the right clutching the amulet (Powers - Geokinesis and chlorokinesis).

"Good luck, Daughter of Gaia. This is where we part ways, but we will meet soon." Lady Alenthielsa said, as Maria bowed to the goddess. Alenthielsa smiled and soft said, "Be careful child." and disappeared into the ground.

Maria looked at the amulet, the silver laurel tree/Daphne shining brighter than the moonlight. It felt cold in her hands but she welcomed it. Letters materialised from the amulet and even of they were in Marathi, she could read it. 

(I'm using Marathi because it's mother language is Sanskrit, one of the oldest languages in the world. Also because I can understand Marathi. I speak it.)

लास वेगास (Las Vegas )

Maria took a deep breath.

"Las Vegas, here I come." And she disappeared in the ground the same way her aunt did minutes ago.