𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝙩𝒆𝒓 𝙩𝒘𝒐

Juliette woke up to a strange sight. Pandora was weaving a large thread across one of the empty walls, seemingly talking to herself.

"What are you doing?" Juliette asked.

Pandora jumped, startled. "Juliette! You're awake."

Juliette narrowed her eyes.

"Okay, okay." Pandora rolled her eyes. "Xenophilius said it could be charmed to keep out nargles."

"What are nargles?" Juliette sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"No idea. But I figured it's best to keep them out regardless."

"Take it down." Juliette crossed her arms.

"You're no fun." Pandora pouted, beginning to remove the thread from the walls.

✧✧

The two girls headed down to breakfast, talking about how they planned to study for OWLs, when James Potter came running down the hallway.

"James? What on earth are you doing?" Juliette laughed.

"Jules!" James stopped immediately, his friends running after him. "Hello Pandora."

"Hello James." She smiled politely.

"You may want to hurry into the great hall." James said with a guilty look on his face.

"What did you do?" Juliette frowned.

Before he could answer, Remus and Sirius approached them with Peter struggling to trail behind.

"No time to explain!" Sirius shouted.

The six young wizards ran as fast as they could into the great hall. Juliette and Pandora had been dragged into enough of the marauders' pranks to know when it was time to run.

Juliette and Pandora left for the Slytherin table once they got inside, the marauders heading the other way.

"I wonder what they did this time." Pandora said, panting.

"Has to be Filch. They always prank Filch first day." Juliette replied, catching her breath.

As if on cue, the moment that the marauders took their seats, an angry Filch ran into the great hall covered in red and gold glitter.

"Potter, Black, I know it was you." He sneered.

Juliette frowned. "Kind of a lame prank. I thought they were better than that."

Just after Juliette said this, the glitter started pouring in behind Filch like an ocean before exploding through the great hall. Everything became shrouded in glitter. Juliette opened her eyes, shielding her face from the falling sparkles. The great hall was in complete disarray until Dumbledore had to put a stop to it. Dumbledore held out his wand and with a simple swish, the glitter was gone.

"What an interesting charm put on the glitter to explode like that." Pandora said.

"I redact my previous statement; this prank is awesome." Juliette smiled.

"What a delightful surprise for the first day of classes." Dumbledore said with a smile. "However, this will not go unpunished."

Juliette glanced over towards the Gryffindor table to find the four boys snickering.