Chapter 2

Chapter 2- Catching The Plane

"Can I help you?" Asked the boy at the counter. We shook our heads and began walking through the small gas station. We picked up a few pieces of candy. Some drinks. Other food like jerky or mini cereal boxes. We went up to the counter and paid. See, Cory and I have been Saving our money up for quite some time. In case we needed it. Our total was probably around $500. We left the store and I pulled out a sucker.

  "Where are we going to Kat?" Cory asked me, making me stop dead in my tracks. I hadn't ever even thought of this, and neither did she. A smile grew on my face as I got an idea.

  "What's our dream city babe?" I asked. We looked at each other and smirked before yelling at the top of our lungs.

  "ENGLAND BABY!" We laughed and started walking again.

  "How are we gonna get plane tickets though?" She suddenly asked. This made me stop again. This had slipped my mind. I suddenly turn round and start heading back to the small gas station. Cory follows. "Babe, where are you going?" She asked. I just shook mt head and kept walking, She followed silently.

  We made it back to the gas station and I marched inside. "Excuse me. But do you know where the nearest Air-Port is?" I asked. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a look of realization hit Cory. The boy looked me dead in the eye before speaking.

  "If you go 3 blocks up Polk, take a right at Fisher, go 5 blocks up that street, and head out on High-Way 51, you'll reach it in about 20 minutes." He told me. But I was guessing that was by car.

  "How long on foot?" I ask. The boy scratched his head and thought for a while.

  "I'd say maybe an hour." He replied. I nodded and turned, grabbing Corynne's hand and walking outside.

  "We're walking all that way?" Cory whined behind me. I turned around and gave her that 'are you fucking kidding me?' look. I shook my head and continued walking. I was walking to the center of town, the busiest place. We made it there in 10 minuted flat. Cars were honking and people were yelling. If you'd been blindfolded and brought here, you'd think it was New York City. I waved for a taxi. One pulled up and we jumped in.

  "Where to?" Asked the woman driving the car. Wow, never seen a woman taxi driver before.

  "The Air Port just out side of town please." I told her and she nodded. She began driving off again and I fell back against my seat, relaxing a bit. We hadn't thought to put our luggage in the back, so it was jumbled around us. In about 20 minutes, the woman stopped the car and we got out. I payed her and we went inside the air port.

--

  We're now at the metal detector things and it keeps going off. Cory just keeps pulling random shit out of her pockets. And neither of us have a clue of how they got there. We're gonna miss the plane! Finally, we make it through the metal detector things. But this place is crowded as Hell. We had a hard time finding Gate B. When we finally got there, they were just closing the little gate thing.

  "WAIT!" I screamed, calling the women's attentions. "W-we have to g-get on that!" I shouted as we ran closer. The women looked confused.

  "I'm sorry ma'am, but we can't let anyone after the gate has been closed." One of them told us.

  "Please." I pleaded. She rolled her eyes and opened it. I thanked her quickly and we ran in, and onto the plane. People looked surprised as we burst through the door. We just smiled and put our luggage up, sitting in our seats. We sat back and relaxed as the plane took off.