AuthorTube Books

In this video, I talk about two AuthorTuber Books that didn't exactly receive good reviews, but still helped me develop the new books that I have just published on Amazon (under the pen name Lorene Maniseda - in case you're interested in checking them out.)

This video might be a little controversial, but I mean no harm in pointing out that mistakes are part of writing, and we can learn from them, even when they're not our mistakes.

Before the time that self-publishing became so accessible, we were exposed to books that underwent years of editing, polishing and finessing. This conditioned us to expect every book to be perfect when contained inside a good cover. Conditioned us to expect that they came in that form from the very start. That a writer only drafted once with immediate success.

We never get to see the "blooper reels" of a writing endeavor, which is great for maintaining the mystery that writing and publishing was previously shrouded in. These two sub-par AuthorTuber books aren't the only ones that shattered this mystery, but they certainly went about it quite loudly, especially in the online book space.

I watched countless videos breaking these books down while I was working on my trilogy and I can confidently say that taking on the feedback from these reviews had a direct and indelible effect on how my trilogy turned out.

Let me know what you think about AuthorTuber books and if there are any that you particularly loved.