Chapter 2

Phayu didn't lose consciousness... but he knew for a fact that he had hit his head quite hard because things faded in and out and dots were dancing in his vision for a bit, there were no sounds around him, and he couldn't move, he didn't know if it was from the shock of the falling or if there was more to it.

He felt a hand on him, but no one was moving him... and then all the sounds started rushing in again, and he heard the workers and the architects calling his name, asking for the medical team that was always present on the site.

"I... I am fine..."

He didn't feel particularly fine, but he didn't feel the need to worry anyone, or the need to be taken to the hospital for anything.

"Phayu? Can you stand?", One of the members of the medical team asked him, allowing him the room to breathe and take stock of his own body.

Phayu found that he could move, he was going to be bruised badly, but there were no broken bones he could tell of. and other than the throbbing in his head, there was practically nothing a mess.

He took the offered hand of the medical team member and tried to stand up, he had managed to, but flinched when he tried to put weight on his left foot, it felt rather tender...

"I think you twisted your ankle..."

"It's just tender from the fall, I feel fine..."

The medical assistant stared at him down for a bit, but he didn't sway... He wasn't going to be taken to the hospital, that was one thing he would rather not have on his agenda.

"Ok, Then at the very very least, you should be dismissed from the site for the day... you need to rest a bit, and if you start feeling worse at any given point, you should head to the hospital..."

and that was how Phayu got his first day off in weeks...

-----

The thing that Phayu had totally forgotten was the fact that he was talking to Rain when he fell, and his phone disconnected...

One of his colleagues had offered to drive him back home, but he had refused. He was fine enough to go home by himself...

That was the first lie out of the series of lies he told that day...

his head was pounding, and there were spots in his vision, the light was very glaring in his eyes, and his ears hurt from the tinnest of sounds.

By the time he had arrived home, he was ready to crumble in bed and sleep for days, but before he had even managed to park the car in the driveway, his phone chirped.

"Phayu? Did you forget about our meeting?"

Phayu looked at his phone in wonder, before it struck him... He had agreed to meet up with Prapai in the new location for his and Sky's house to see how things were going and let Prapai know if he needed to make any modifications, it was a simple matter and usually, it wouldn't have taken more than an hour, but in Phayu's current state everything - including breathing - hurt.

"Yeah... It totally slipped my mind..."

and it did, he had been so focused on going home, on the mere act of just getting himself to the house that he forgot about anything else, Rain included...

-----

Prapai had been adamant about having Phayu's input, for once because he was his best friend and his opinion mattered and for another. After all, he was the best architect in his own firm.

but the Phayu that came to see Prapai that day was a shadow of that person, Phayu followed Prapai around aimlessly, Prapai doubted he was even hearing anything of whatever Prapai was saying.