Chapter 5

RIDDHI

              "Pansy Parkinson, if you don't stop twitching, I will burn you with this curling wand. We only have fifteen minutes before we have to go." I snapped at Pansy as she squirmed while I was curling her hair for the party. Crabbe and Goyle let slip the fact that we were going to the party, so Pansy, Daphne, and Millie all insisted on going with us.

            "I'm just bloody nervous. Anyone would be if you of all people were holding an extremely hot object near their face." She scoffed before giving me a sweet smile. "Just kidding, please don't hurt me."

             I rolled my eyes, quickly spraying my work with hairspray so that I could finally work on myself. I would have spent more time on my own hair, considering the fact I had so much of it. I have my genes to blame. My hair growth was faster than the Knight Bus.

            "Are you guys ready? We have to go!" Millie shouted from outside our room. Everyone, except Pansy and I, were ready to leave. Crabbe and Goyle were no longer allowed to come with us after not keeping their mouths shut.

             "Give me a second and I'll be ready. I have to change into my dress." I went through my clothes, quickly trying to find the dress I wanted to wear.

             Pansy tapped my shoulder, holding up a baby blue dress. "I saw this and immediately thought of you."

            The skirt was satin and stopped a few inches above the knee while the bodice was lace and looked like a corset. The dress was tight and didn't leave much to the imagination.

            But Merlin, it was beautiful...

            I reached out to touch the dress but stopped myself. "Pansy, I can't take this. It's absolutely gorgeous but..."

            She gave me a devilish grin. "I already bought it in your size, so I guess you have no choice."

             I gave her a soft smile, taking the dress and quickly putting it on. "Thank you so much. You don't know how much this means to me."

            And it really meant a lot.

           Pansy held my hand and started leading me out the door. "Of course! I was right about the dress being perfect for you by the way. You look incredible."

            Looking back at Pansy, I blushed, "Oh, Pansy, I think you look incredible too." I shoved my wand in the space between my breasts and fixed it so that no one could see the end. If only society let us women have pockets. We wouldn't have to resort to these kinds of things.

            Pansy and I left the room and joined our group outside the Common Room. Draco's intense gaze watched me, moving from head to toe. He was wearing black dress pants, while his white button-down shirt was almost completely unbuttoned. His deliberately unkempt hair added a touch of allure that was hard to resist. He was leaning on a wall that was a little far away from our group.

           Theo was giving my sister the same intense look. I think they were trying to go for a secret relationship type of dynamic, but it really wasn't working. Absolutely everyone knew because they were terrible at hiding it, but I was happy that Kali was happy.

           "My eyes are up here, Theo." Kali smirked, crossing her arms.

           "Believe me, I know...You clean up nicely," Theo remarked with a playful grin, his eyes tracing the contours of her dress. Her dress was similar to mine, but it was dark green and had long sleeves to cover her dark mark. I just simply put foundation and a little charm on mine.