Chapter no 5 - Just walk beside me and be my friend - Albert Camus.

Disclaimer - This is a fan fiction. A little tribute/my version of what may have happened to lead to or after these events. Other than the general outline of the events (which sort of took place) everything else is made up. A few events are taken from interviews etc but the rest remains a head canon of mine. It is probably not what happened (more than probably) and should not be taken as any modicum of truth. I am just writing the story as I try to cure myself of a bad case of writer's block.

I am justing running with the idea to write more about the wonderful ICT - with special focus on Virat Kohli and MS Dhoni. This is set in the same universe as my other story "The Retirement - 2014" but it is absolutely not essential to have read that one to follow this.

There is no intention to hurt or malign anybody. All members of ICT are most respected by me and this is just a fictional point of view. No incident have any resembled to what actually may have happened.

Just an one shot, of sorts, but finally decided to Go for Chapters, to make it easy to read.

Matches and Incidents are in part completely of my imagination. Kindly do not take any part as the truth. Happy reading.

One tiny request - with this being the last chapter of the book it would be great to hear your thoughts. Comments will be very much appreciated

Primarily – Mahirat. Will include other members of the ICT. Texts and calls and flashbacks are in bold and italics. There will be some strong language - reader's discretion is advised.

Before this, for ICT fandom related fanfics, I have gone for primarily MSD POV but this story will be backing upon Virat Kohli's POV.

Summary - Virat will regret that Press Conference for days to come. For not being articulative enough and for hinting at things he shouldn't have. And he certainly should not have snapped at MS when his Captain came to talk to him. But Virat was just so tired and MS was not helping things any by being elusive as always.

But he will still regret speaking those words. For even hinting that he had a problem with MS's captaincy. With his decision making. But was the mistake enough to drive a wedge in their friendship? Or will the trust and respect persevere?

Set in 2015 (approximately). After India's series loss to Bangladesh. Virat had said something to the tune of  'The team members unable to take proper decisions.'. Just a short story running with that lead. Has no relation to the actual happenings. I have taken some liberties with the timing and the subsequent happenings/ matches.

Please comment. Will be most appreciated. (Unedited for now)

The first part of the chapter is dedicated to @DilSeRe_ for her wonderful ideas

Chapter no 5 - Just walk beside me and be my friend - Albert Camus.

Flashback -

Two days before India's first match against South Africa at the Champion's Trophy 2013.

The Indian Cricket Team had arrived in Cardiff a day before and had been graced with a lovely weather. The days were mildly hot and the nights, pleasantly chill. Their captain, M S Dhoni had taken full advantage of the conditions and had driven his team in practice and the young squad had responded well.

He knew well that no one was expecting any miracles from the team which had made its way to play the Champions Trophy but MS was not a person to overthink and he refused to let his thoughts wander further than the first match. It would not be easy against South Africa, but the boys were pumped and raring to go.