Chapter 1: sunshine

I slowly open my eyes, squinting against the morning sunshine peaking through my curtains

The smell of coffee fills my room, I slowly get up out of bed putting on my slippers on and walking downstairs.

I make my way to the kitchen and I'm greeted by my brother who is making a cup of coffee, "Morning sis." My brother says.

"Good morning." I say while walking over to the fridge to get myself a glass of orange juice.

The doorbell rings, "Quinn can you get that I think it's Milo, he's picking us up for school today." Oliver says.

"Yeah, I'll get it." I say, and make my way to the front door and open it and I'm greeted with Milo's cheerful, happy, expression.

"Hey sunshine." Milo's says and leans in to give me a hug.

"Hi weirdo." I say and let him in.

"Is someone not happy to see me?" He says with a chuckle.

"Or someone's just to happy for 6:30am for me." I say with a smile.

We walk to the kitchen and Milo takes a seat, Oliver is now cooking breakfast.

"What are you cooking for me?" Milo's asks in a joking tone.

"This is for Quinn and me, if you wanted something you should of cooked it yourself." My brother says jokingly.

"Wow. Rude. It's fine Quinn will share with me, right Quinn?" He says with a smile.

"Back off that food is mine, your not getting any." I say.

"You guys are rude." Milo says with a fake sad tone.

Oliver finishes cooking for us and gives us our food including Milo, and we all sit and talk and eat our food.

"Quinn go get ready we will wait for you." Oliver says.

I make my way back upstairs to my bedroom and pick out an outfit to wear, the weather is getting warmer and nicer, it's spring now.