The Second Chance

"It's wrapped! Done for today. Thank you, everyone," The director patted Hyoseop's shoulder before turning to Yoojung. "You did great today, Yoojung!"

"Thank you, PD-nim. See you tomorrow," Yoojung smiled and turned to look at Hyoseop. "See you tomorrow, Hyoseop-shi."

"See you tomorrow, sunbae-nim," Hyoseop bowed. Even though Yoojung is younger than him, she is still his senior as she started acting since she was a little child.

Hyoseop walked to his car with Minju beside him. "Aarrgh! I will never get used to this make-up!"

"Hang in there!" Minju patted his back. "Your next project will be easier, I guess."

Hyoseop suddenly remembered the scripts of the upcoming drama that had been offered to him.  "Are there any updates from them?"

"Like what?"

"Had the female lead been chosen?"

"I only heard that actress Jo Boah rejected the offer."

"She rejected it? Then it won't be her.  I wonder who, my partner will be.  I hope she's someone who I can be comfortable with."

"I hope so.  I don't want to jinx it, but I believe whoever she is, it will be a hit, since you are a great actor," Minju gave her thumbs up.  "Now, my great actor, let's go to the salon to remove your make-up.  Then you can go home and have some good sleep.  The new day is waiting for us."

Hyoseop shrugged.  "Another day, another thing to do."

***

Hyoseop read the script in his car while his phone beeped as a new message was received.

◇Jihyo◇
"Congratulations, oppa! 😍😍"

"For what?"

◇Jihyo◇
"Haven't you heard the news?"

Full of curiousity, Hyoseop tapped the call button in an instan.  "What is it about?"

"I haven't even said hello!" Jihyo grumbled.  "Are you free right now? I don't wanna see the article about you screaming and crying and laughing out loud at the filming site after hearing this!"

"Jihyo, I don't need your long prologue.  Just.  Tell.  Me.  Right.  Now!"

"Take it easy, oppa! It's a very good news that I'm sure you'll feel the blast after this," Jihyo inhaled.  "Okay, get yourself ready. I'll tell you right now."

Hyoseop holds his breath, getting ready for the surprise he will hear from Jihyo.

"Sejeong just called me and did a little background check of you, since she will be your partner in the new drama.  What is the title again, Business Proposal?"

Hyoseop sat in silence, tried to connect the puzzles.  "Partner? Business Proposal?"

"Yeah, oppa! She accepted the role! Your dream to get paired with her has finally come true!"

Hyoseop choked as he couldn't believe it.

"Oppa, am I the only one who gets emotional here?" Jihyo sobbed.

"I feel so happy for you that I'm crying right now.  I'm a useless cupid who can't do my job well.  And now the universe sent you the real cupid to do it.  Oppa, you're so lucky!"

Hyoseop was so startled that he couldn't think clearly.  "Jihyo, let's talk again later," He ended the phone call and got out of the van to find Minju.

"Have you eat?" Minju asked from a distance, followed by Hyoseop's nod.

"Noona, why didn't you give me updates about my upcoming drama?" Hyoseop asked when he reached the corner where Minju mingled with other staff members.