Chapter 11: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒂𝒍𝒍: 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

Charlie walked back inside the ballroom to find Sevanthian waiting for her. "Finally your back. Shall we dance Charlotte?" said Sevanthian holding out his hand.

"Uh sure," said Charlie taking Sev's hand. They walked over to the dance floor and cued a band to start playing music. They dance around the ballroom together. Lucifer and Lilith watch admirably as they danced, while Razzle and Dazzle who were right next to them weren't so impressed. Alastor then finally walked into the ballroom and immediately saw the two dancing. He scowled and a light static sound was heard. Sevanthian glanced over at Alastor and smiled evilly.

"That's right, she's all mine radio freak," Sevanthian thought to him self. As they continued to dance, Sevanthian started to sing.

Well it's a marvelous night for a moondance

With the stars up above in your eyes

A fantabulous night to make romance

neath the cover of October skies

And all the leaves on the trees are falling

To the sound of the breezes that blow

And I'm trying to please to the calling

Of your heartstrings that play soft and low

And all the night's magic

Seems to whisper and hush

And all the soft moonlight

Seems to shine in your blush

"They sure are wonderful together, aren't they Lucifer?" said Lilith.

"You're absolutely right my dear," Lucifer replied.

"This is bad, I got a bad feeling about this," said Dazzle.

"Me too, what is he planning?" said Razzle.

Can I just have one more moondance with you, my love

Can I just make some more romance with you, my love

Well I wanna make love to you tonight

I can't wait til the morning has come

And I know that the time is just right

and straight into my arms you will run

And when you come my heart will be waiting

To make sure that you're never alone

There and then all my dreams will come true dear

There and then will I make you my own

Charlie kept noticing that while her and Sevanthian were dancing, Sev was making sure that Alastor saw every step they took together. Alastor was getting angrier by the minute, and Sev enjoyed every bit of it. That made Charlie a bit angry at him as well, and she wanted to tell him off. However, fearful of the results, she kept her mouth shut and decided to say something after.

Anytime I touch you, you just tremble inside

And I know how much you want me, that you can't hide

Charlie rolled her eyes at the words that were sung.

Can I just have one more moondance with you, my love

Can I just make some more romance with you, my love

There was an instrumental break. As Alastor watched in anger and jealousy as the two danced, his shadow appeared behind him. It was also not amused.

"Look at him, trying to get a rise out of us. What a prick! Why don't you just destroy him already? No one will miss him," said his shadow. Alastor sighed.

"Wish I could," grumbled Alastor grinding his teeth. Sevanthian then continued to sing.

Well I want to make love to you tonight

I can't wait til the morning has come

And I know that the time is just right

And straight into my arms you will run

And when you come my heart will be waiting

to make sure that you're never alone

There and then all my dreams with come true dear

There and then will I make you my own

Anytime I touch you, you just tremble inside

And I know how much you want me, that you can't hide

Can I just have one more moondance with you, my love

Can I just make some more romance with you, my love

Can I just have one more moondance with you, my love

Can I make some more romance with you...

Sevanthian pulls Charlie close.

My love

He goes to kiss Charlie, but she was having none of that and turned her head so he could kiss her on the cheek instead. Everyone in the ballroom applauded, except Alastor, Razzle and Dazzle. "Wasn't that just wonderful? Totally better than some demon in a tacky, red suit right?" said Sevanthian. Charlie didn't want to answer his question, so she said nothing. "Anyways, it's time for the absolutely wonderful gift I've been telling you so much about!"

"Oh boy, here we go," thought Alastor.

"You are the most gorgeous demon I've ever met Charlotte Magne. I know we've been dating for 6 months now, but I want to make what's between us official," said Sevanthian getting on one knee.

"Wait a minute, what is happening?" asked Charlie.

"I don't like what this is leading to," said Alastor. Everyone in the ballroom was quiet. All eyes were on them. It was time, time for Sevanthian to finally make his move. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, black box. When he opened it, inside was a golden ring. Charlie was stunned. Charlie's parents were speechless. The crowd was shocked. Alastor swallowed. He hoped his idea would work, or that confession to Charlie would've all been for nothing.

"Will you marry me Charlotte?" Sevanthian asked with confidence, completely convinced that his plan would work. Charlie was unsure of what to do. She glanced at Alastor, then at her parents, then back at Sevanthian. She thought for a quick moment at what Alastor said about Sevanthian.

"He has no control over you."

"This can't continue Charlie. You need to break up with him."

Then she thought back to Alastor always being there for her, and how all Sev did for her was give her rules and hurt her. Her mind was made up. She took a deep breath, looked Sevanthian in the eyes and gave a simple answer to his question.

"No."