Chapter 1

I've always liked living in Washington.

I thought moving to Forks, a town with such a small population, would be utter hell, but i was wrong. Forks, however small, grew on me.

It was helped by the people that lived there, of cause, but overall the small city wasn't as terrible as i had imagined.

Before Forks, my coven and i were used to travelling all over, however my true home was always found in New York. New York had been the place where i had began my second life and ended my first- the range of emotions should leave me with some resentment to Rochester, but i always believe that it was where i was meant to stay.

I was going to live in New York until the day i died- children surrounding me and a loving husband by my side... oh how wrong i was.

However, one thing i believed came true just a few decades before i had planned- i did die in Rochester and so did someone else.

_______________

Present day

My eyes snap open as we hit yet another pot hole. The dent in the road makes the truck sway and our bodies collide roughly in the vehicle.

"You're awake?"

The statement causes me to role my eyes as I realise it's yet another of his cruel attempts at vampiric humour.

"If i could sleep i would be trying to, however this road still hasn't gotten any better and I'm sure the constant knocking into you would wake me regardless" I say as the truck bounces us yet again.

"We're almost there" Billy calls from the drivers seat.

I lean forward, past the others, so that i can see him "Couldn't we have taken any other road?" I ask

At that, Jacob lets out a noise between a strangled laugh and a sigh "And you think Charlie would let us? To go around would add an extra ten minutes and he told Billy he wants to introduce Bella to us ASAP" Jacob says

I look at him and he shakes his head

"Charlies words, not mine" He says in defence

"He keeps going on about Bella" Billy says "I can't even remember when he wasn't counting down the days to her arrival. The least you two could do is introduce yourselves to her. She hasn't got any friends here yet, you know how hard that is Jessie"

I nod as i look out of the window, noticing their house come into view. We pull the truck into the drive as Charlie exits the house to greet us.

He helps Billy out of the truck as i watch Bella before getting out the truck myself.

She walks around it to stand with her Dad as Jacob come up to stand behind me.

"You ok?" He asks quitely

"All good so far" I whisper back before the others make there way to our side of the vehicle.

______________

"Bella you remember Billy Black?" Charlie asks the girl with a smile.

She certainly looks different. Unfortunately for Jacob and I, it wasn't just Billy that had been bombarded with the news of Bella coming to Forks. We had been shown every childhood picture of Bella that i think had ever been taken.

I loved that about Charlie- he loved his daughter so much and he would happily tell anyone he met.

"Yeah" she says with a shy smile before she is pointed toward Jacob and i's direction.

"And this is Jacob and Jess" Charlie says

"We used to make mud pies together" Jacob says and i can tell that he is trying to jog her memory as to who we are.

Bella hasn't been back to Forks in years, well that's what i was told.

"Yeah, no I remember" She says with a smile

She looks over at me and I realise I haven't introduced myself.

"Oh, I'm Jess black" I say as I extend my hand.

She takes it as she looks between Jacob and i in confusion.

"I don't remember you I'm sorry" she tells me as she scratches her head

I quickly inject information so that's she doesn't feel bad

"No that's ok, I was adopted actually" I tell her with a small smile "it was way back when Jake was 10, but i was told by that point you had already not been to Forks in a few years"

She nods with a smile

"Oh, i'm glad i wasn't just forgetting you" she says and I smile "I'd feel awful" She laughs

"Yeah I've seen old Pictures of you with Charlie so i know who you are, but you wouldn't know me so don't feel bad" I tell her

She nods "so how old are you then, if you don't mind me asking? You said you were adopted when Jake was 10 so you were-"

"Also 10" I say with a small chuckle "sorry I meant that he just seemed so much younger then me but in actual fact we are the same age" I say with a smile, scratching my neck "We never get asked if we're twins though, i think they know that I'm much too good looking to actually be related to that" I say as i point to Jacob as he walks over to Billy and Charlie as they go about talking.

"That's probably it" she jokes as we both smile before the silence envelopes us and the conversation grows awkward.

Luckily Billy helps us, whether he intends to or not, as he speaks.

"Bella, how do you like the truck?"

Jacob comes to stand next to me as we look at the girl admiring her new truck.

"You saved it with the twins comment" he says between his teeth

"I know, that was the first slip up in a while." I say before stabbing my finger into his back "and since when have you ever doubted that i can handle my shit? Don't think I'm loosing it in my old age" I say "Besides technically if we're twins you're old as well"

He groans, trying to hold in the noise the pain made him feel.

"That's not fair, I'd have to be at least 90"

I smile at him, showing a brief glance of my white teeth against my red lips.

"Don't you know it"

______________

Face claim idea:
(AI generated)

Face claim idea:(AI generated)