april 27th

we are drawn to eachother
like drops of water,
like the planets
we repulse each other
like magnets, like the colors of our skin

- tite kubo, bleach

THE CONSTANT BEEPING OF LEON'S HEART MONITOR WAS REPETITIVE, YET COMFORTING.

it was a reminder both of his current state and the fact that he was still alive. still breathing. i sat next to his sleeping form, a blanket draped over my legs as i let the television play lightly. even though it was only background noise to me, i could only hope it was giving leon some comfort.

i'd never been in a coma, but all of those movies and cliché tv shows showed some sort of limbo. i always thought it was like a long dream, or the closest thing to death. is it just darkness? or can you still hear and feel everything? these were questions i'd have to wait to recieve an answer to.

i wondered if leon was having an out of body experience. could he see me? the slow rising and falling of his chest giving me constant reminders of the fact that yes, leon scott kennedy was still alive. this moment made me remember when we would sleep over at each other's houses when we were kids. we were able to sleep in the same bed until we were 10, but even then one of us would sneak into the other's room to sleep next to each other.

i gently knocked on the dark wooden door, hoping the noise would reach the boy in the room just infront of me. after a moment of waiting, he finally answered. his face was quick to light up with a smile before he quickly, yet quietly pulled me inside of the room.

"took you long enough," leon spoke, his voice soft and hushed. i rolled my eyes and pouted, crossing my arms. "i had to make sure our moms were asleep! you know they always stay up late." i grumbled, causing leon to laugh silently.

"but they always make us go to sleep early. it makes no sense!" he snickered, climbing back up onto the bed. i followed suit, getting under the nice, warm covers. we faced each other, small smiles on our faces. we didn't fall asleep until late that night, but to our luck, we didn't get in trouble that morning.

i sighed, coming out of the memory. staring at leon's sleeping face was almost therapeutic; but it only reminded me of his accident the week before. i rested my head on my arms that laid on the edge of his hospital bed. i could feel the warmth radiating from his blanket, the 4th one they've switched out in the past day. it was keeping him warm, at least. "leon," i murmured, looking back at his sleeping form. "i don't know if you can hear me, but.." i paused, trying to find the right words to use.

i gulped, closing my eyes to stop myself from crying. "i miss you, so much." i choked out, burying my face in my arms.

"i know it's probably stupid, right? sitting here and talking to you as if you'll respond. but i-i.." i stammered, shaking my head as i quietly sobbed. i didn't finish my sentence, but it would have been too much. wiping my eyes, i looked back at leon before standing up. i reached a hand over, gently brushing my fingers through his hair. it was slowly turning brown, but i'd be lying if i said i'd miss the blond hair. "i have to go now, leon." i whispered, lightly moving his hair from out of his eyes. "stay alive, okay?"

i picked up my bag, but not before leaving him a stuffed animal of a police puppy. he's always wanted to be a police officer, and while he was amazing at football, he was even better at helping others. i left the puppy next to him before leaving his room, my head hung low.

please come back to me.