part 3

Sometime in the middle of the night you jolt awake, breathing heavily and crying Dabi immediately wakes up when he feels you jolt awake, his eyes wide open as he hears your cries. He quickly moves over to you, his arms wrapping tightly around you in a comforting embrace.

"Princess, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"
Dabi asks in a soft voice as he looks down at you, wiping away your tears.He runs his hands over your body, checking to make sure that you're not injured or in any kind of physical discomfort. When he sees that you're physically fine, his focus turns back to comforting you.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here, and I won't let anyone hurt you. You're safe with me."
Dabi murmurs soothingly as he holds you close, his hand rubbing gentle circles on your back.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me. I'm here to listen."

"I- I had a bad dream"
You say still crying and breathing slightly heavily

"It's okay, my love. Everyone has bad dreams sometimes."
Dabi says in a soft and reassuring voice, his hand still rubbing gentle circles on your back.He continues to hold you close, letting you cry and get the emotion out of your system. He knows that sometimes all you need is someone to be there for you, and he's more than willing to be that person for you.

"Do you want to talk about the dream Sometimes talking about it can help make it go away."
He says gently, his voice filled with warmth and compassion.

"But only if you feel comfortable doing so, my love."

"I don't know"
You say still crying but your breathing has started to calm down

"That's okay, my love. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I'm just happy to be here with you, comforting you and making sure that you're okay."
Dabi says softly, his hand still rubbing gentle circles on your back.He knows that sometimes, the best thing to do is just be there for someone, to listen and offer support without pushing them too hard. He wants you to know that he's here for you, no matter what, and that he'll always be your rock when you need him.

"Let's just take our time, okay? You can cry as long as you need to, and I'll be right here with you every step of the way."
He says with a tender smile, his arms still wrapped tightly around you.

"Ok"
You say your crying slowing down, you hide your head in Dabi's chest still trying to calm yourself. Dabi continues to hold you close, his hand running through your hair in a soothing manner. He can feel your breathing starting to slow down, but he knows that it'll take some time for you to feel completely calm again. And he's willing to take as much time as you need.

"You don't have to worry about anything princess. I'm here, and I won't let anything harm you. You're safe with me."
He murmurs softly, his voice full of warmth and love.He knows that you need his reassurance, and he's more than willing to give it to you. He wants you to know that you can always rely on him, that he'll always be there to protect you, no matter what.

"Thank you"
You say and then close your eyes and drift off back to sleep.