Chapter 19:Will you marry me?

Will you marry me?

Cassy

I just wanted to be far away from everyone as soon as I could and so I zoomed out of the church and entered a taxi to the place I go when I always wanted to be alone.

My so-called parents planned out everything and how to destroy my life for what reason exactly.

I had deep intense hatred towards Wesley for no reason at all and I regret ever trusting my parents.

As I was deep in thoughts, I found a knife on the ground close to where I was sitting and decided to end my life.

At least if I did, my parents would be so happy that I was out of their lives.

As I was about to cut myself I heard someone shout.

“Cassy No!!!!”

I turned around and met Wes with his eyes wide open staring at me with a shocked look on his face.

He walked up to me so fast, took the knife and threw it far away and I immediately broke down in tears.

“You should have just let me end it all.” I said in tears.

“End what?? Are you out of your mind Cassy?? Do you know how my life and that of your parents would have been if you decided to end it all??” Wes asked.

“Don't you dare mention my parents!! I hate them so much!!” I screamed.

“My love as much as you hate them right now, they are still your parents and I believe they did what they felt was best for you.” Wesley said.

“Best for me? So ruining my life was the best for me???”

“Don't say it like that my love, My mother also broke my sim card cutting the connection we had but she did it because she was also doing what she thought was best for me.”

“That is totally different from this Wes!!” I screamed.

Wesley gently walked up to me and engulfed me into a hug and I gave in as I hugged him back with every strength I had in me.

“I missed you so much that it hurt.” Wesley said.

“I hated you, I tried so much to hate you for something you didn't do.” I said as I burst into another session of tears.

“Stop crying my love, there is one good thing that came out of this by the way.” Wesley said.

I stared at him in confusion.

“What is it??” I asked.

“You look really good in a wedding dress.” he said.

I didn't know when I started laughing.

“I missed you so much Wes and no day had passed that I didn't think about you even though I was angry.”

“I know my love and that feeling is totally mutual too.” Wesley said.

Slowly, Wes raised my chin up and gently placed a kiss on my lips.

My very first kiss.

At first, the kiss was slow and from it, it became fast and demanding.

At that moment, I almost melted into the arms of Wes.

After what seemed like forever, we slowly ended the intense kiss and I was smiling like a love struck teenage girl or maybe I was.

“That was amazing.” I said out of breath.

“Yes It was.” Wesley responded back still trying to catch his breath too.

“Let us run away together Wes even if it's Nigeria, I just want to go far away from here.” I said.

“My love, as much as I loved that Idea with all my heart, we just can't run away.”

“But why??” I asked.

“My beautiful girlfriend, I love you so much and I want to officially have your parents blessing before doing something.”

“You don't need my parents blessing Wes, they have done enough to me so I will also do what is on my mind now.”

“Don't say that dear, I know you are angry right now because of what they did but the truth is that a parent's blessing and curse is far more greater than anything so please my love find it in your heart to forgive them and forget what they did to you.”

Wesley is such a sweet soul.

“I will consider it but what is it you want to do that you need my parents blessing for??” I asked.

“This.”. He said.

Wesley immediately dropped one of his knees on the ground, brought out a small box and opened it.

“Cassy my life was meaningless before you came and you brought meaning into it, I can't begin to imagine what my life would ever be like without you in it, you are the angel of my life and my source of happiness so please my love do me the honor of making me a complete man.” He said.

“Cassy, will you marry me??”