Chapter 22: Survive, If I Let You

Rinku: Well then, I think I'll give you some combat training

The Trio and their party who were banished from Faea Belgaen were resting in their temporary base near the Great Tree when Rinku suddenly said that. Even though it was called a base, it was only a barrier made of Faea Drain crystals that... Rinku nonchalantly stole. Inside it while sitting on stumps, those rabbit-ears floated dazed expressions.

Shia: Th-that... Rinku. Combat training in other words...

Shia asked him on behalf of her perplexed clan.

Rinku: Just like I said. Anyway, we can't reach the Great Tree before ten days have passed, right? Then it's better to effectively use this time properly, I am thinking to make you whom are weak, fragile, and are losers nature deeply ingrained in, into someone who excel in combat

Ryouma then chuckled. 

Ryouma: You guys are about to go through hell.

Shia: Wh-why did you think that...

The rabbit-ears were trembling from the intimidating feeling that can be felt from Rinku's eyes and his whole body. Shia naturally doubted Rinku's abrupt declaration.

Rinku: Why? Did you ask why? Useless rabbit.

Shia: You still haven't called me by my name...

Rinku with skeptical eyes began to explain to the depressed Shia.

Rinku: Listen well. The promise that we had with you guys was to only protect you until you were done guiding us. Then, what will you do after guiding us, did you already think about it?

Haulia tribe members began to look at each other then shake their heads. Kam also has a hard expression. Even though they vaguely felt the uneasiness, it seems because they were in upheaval after upheaval that thought was thrown into the corner of their minds. Or it was possible that they didn't think about it at all.

Rinku: Well, it looks like you didn't think about it at all. No one told me you've thought about it after all. You're weak, so you can only run and hide in front of malice and the possibility of injury. To that kind of you, the place to retreat called Faea Belgaen was lost. In other words, when my protection is gone, you'll once more fall into a predicament. You didn't have any way out. There is no protection nor place to hide. However, demonic beasts and humans will aim at the weak you without mercy. If this going on there will be only path of annihilation... are you okay with that? Are you okay with weakness as the reason of your ruin? Is it okay for the lives that you luckily got back uselessly gone? What do you think?

No one utter any words and gloomy atmosphere filled their vicinity. Until someone suddenly said.

???: There's no way I can accept that.

The Haulia tribe began to look up having been touched by those words. Shia was already looking resolute.

Rinku: That's right. That can't be accepted. Then, what should you do. The answer is easy. Just become strong. Just attack all the trouble that come and destroy it, you only need to acquire your rights with your own hands.

???:  ... but, we are RabbitMan tribe. We don't have strong bodies such as the Tigerman tribe and Bearman tribe neither special skill like Wingedman tribe and Earthman tribe... ... we are totally, that...

Because it was common sense that the RabbitMan tribe is weak, Rinku's words only gave birth to negative feelings. Because they are weak, they can't fight. No matter how much they struggle to get strong as Rinku said, that's what they think.

Seeing this Haulia tribe Ryouma laughed from his nose.

Ryouma: Did y'all know me and Rinku were called Useless, and, Dead Weight by our former companions? I don't know about myself, but Rinku's stats were that of average, we were both the weakest among our companions, each having a different reason as to why, we were nothing but burdens to them. 

All of the Haulia tribe members were surprised by Ryouma's confession. They can't believe that they, who was able to easily defeat Raisen Grand Canyon's brutal demonic beasts and the Elder of Bearman tribe who excel in combat was someone considered as Dead Weight. The Haulia tribe then fell into silence and looked at each other. However, Shia, who since a while ago floated a resolute expression look at them with a skeptical gaze then she stand up.

Shia: I'll do it. Please teach me how to fight! I don't want to stay weak anymore!

Her shout echoes all over the Sea of Trees. A declaration to say there is no need to think more about this. Shia hates fighting. It was scary and painful, above all it was sad to hurt and to be hurt. However, it was the truth that she was the cause in driving her tribe into current predicament, so she absolutely won't let her tribe perish. For that certain purpose, Shia wanted to become stronger even if it was against the nature of RabbitMan tribe.

Shia with unyielding determination in her eyes look straight at Ryouma as he looked back with a smirk.

Ryouma: That's the spirit, dumb bunny

Kam and his tribe who are dumbfounded by that, gradually changed their expression into a resolute one, one by one they stand up. In the end, not just the male, female and children of Haulia tribe all stood up and Kam who represent them move a step forward.

Kam: Please, teach us

His words were few. However, there is a strong will inside of them. The will to fight against injustice that'll come to attack them.

Rinku: Okay. Are you prepared? How much stronger you become will be up to your determination. I am only here to give a hand to it. Also, I won't be gentle to those who decided to drop out on the way. We only have ten days in addition... ... be accustomed to dying. What await you were only life or death after all. Survive, if I let you!

Having heard Rinku's word, all of the Haulia tribe members nodded with determination.