Emotions

"Another one." Ashanti said to the bartender while sliding the martini glass against the bar. She was at some random hole in the wall bar all the way on Park Avenue . She was on her fourth lemon drop and she could feel her body becoming numb. But at this very moment Ashanti didn't care, she didn't want to feel anything.

Her best friend had just given birth a few hours ago. Most women would be ecstatic and probably be at the hospital. But that wasn't the case here. Simply because the baby father happened to be Ashanti's fiancé. What was suppose to be a night of fun turned into the biggest mistake of Ashanti's life. The sound of her phone going off caused her to look down. Looking at the caller i.d she immediately sent the call to voicemail. She wasn't in the mood to speak to anyone right now, especially PJ.

She was experiencing a whole bunch of emotions. But the biggest one was regret. She wished she could turn back time.

"I'm sorry ma'am but we have to close your tab. We have a 3 drink minimum." The guy said as Ashanti looked at him. She had never heard no shit like that. She was confused. Was she giving off sloppy vibes? Since when was there a minimum number of drinks?

"Okay, well can i get my bill?" She asked in a nasty attitude. Ashanti wasn't really confrontational. She was really a quiet girl. She was very much a follow the rules type of girl. So if the man said he wasn't going to serve her anymore then that was that. She didn't feel the need to try and go back and fourth with him.

The night was still young and there was plenty other bars in the city of New York. Going inside her black Lambskin Quilted Medium Boy Flap Chanel bag she pulled out her American Express credit card and slid it to the man.

"Sorry we can't take this credit card." The man said causing her to take a deep breath. She was getting real sick of his bullshit. Looking to her side she noticed a white couple looking at her. Rolling her eyes at them she went back into her purse taking out a hundred dollar bill.

"And I want my change back. And no you're not getting a tip." She spoke. She knew she should have just went to Dyckman or even a spot in Queens. But she was really trying to avoid being seen by anyone who may know her.

"Here you go." The guy said with an attitude. Leaving one quarter and two pennies on the bar Ashanti stood up, placing her Chanel bag over her body as a crossbody, Ashanti made her way to the exit and noted to never come back to this place again.

"What the fuck." She said out loud causing the guy who was peeing damn near on the tire of her brand new 2024 Mercedes GLC to turn around.

"Bitch you got a problem?" He asked tucking his little dick back in. Taken a back at how he talked to her, Ashanti bit her tongue. Drunk or sober she knew how to pick her battles and she was sure this wasn't one she would win. Especially since her licensed gun was in her car instead of inside her purse.

"You need to carry that shit on you! That's the whole point of having the license." Those words her fiancé would say to her played in her head over and over again as she and the man held an intense stare off.

Before anyone could say anything she had bent over and started throwing up the three drinks she had just digested.

"Nasty ass bitch." The guy mumbled before walking away. Ashanti didn't care he had called her out her name for a second time. She was just grateful that he had decided to leave her alone. Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand Ashanti stood up and tapped the button the was on the door handle unlocking it. Getting inside the car she immediately locked the doors in case the man came back.