ꜱᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ

Joining the glee club was the worst decision that Kathryn had ever made... and she loved it. She would never say it out loud and definitely not to Mr Shue, but she enjoyed the club. It's been a couple of weeks since she officially joined and now she sits as the dual leaders of the club start the lesson. Oh yeah her first week of the glee club had the school 'nurse' drug the whole club so now Schuster can't be alone, as Kathryn said she loves it here.

Kathryn leans over to Finn confused on why Mr Shue and Sue were flipping a coin, "What's going on."

He looks back on her his face black just as confused as she was, "Honestly I have no idea."

It was a surprise to Kathryn when Finn reached out and apologised, yet she admired him for it. When Kathryn joined the club he was the only 'friend' she had in there, where she would just hang around him as the other kids are.... Sure something! The pair had actually become friends as time went on.

Kathryn looks back to the front from her view on the floor as Sue announced that she would be taking half the class for her 'Sue's Kids'. "Your attention please, when I call your name, cross over to my side of this black shiny thing."

Schuster sighs, "That's called a piano Sue."

Sue pulls out a sheet of paper, "Santana, Wheels, gay kid, asian, other asian" The kids who were called out look at each other in confusion on why Sue was picking them. "Aretha, Shaft and orangutan." Kathryn stands with the other kids darting her eyes around in confusion. Wait, did she just call her an orangutan?

Schuster calls out in aggregation, "Are you kidding me Sue? That's more than half of my kids."

Sue leans on the piano challenging the co-leader, "I do not want to be part of a group that practises segregation against minorities."

Now Kathryn was really confused why she was on this side, slowly she raised her hand to Sue. "Why am I here then?"

Sue whipped her head towards Kathryn and pointed at her, "Because you're a redhead, an orangutan, you're more discriminated against than the person who cleans my toilet." Kathryn stands there flabbergasted, looking down at her hair and back at the teacher. She chooses not to add anything to that. Sue then yells out turning her head slowly to Schuester "Bigotry is not a laughing matter"

"And that's how Sue c's it." Santana smiles.

Sue had a smirk on her face looking at her cheerio, "Outstanding." 

・❥・

Later that night, Kathryn found herself back at her job, with the unfortunate closing shift that left her feeling utterly drained. Balancing the commitments of the glee club and her part-time job had taken a toll on her energy. Joining the glee club, which she initially thought would be a way to pursue her passion, had now become another demanding task on her ever-expanding to-do list. Especially now science it seems all the two coaches can do is piss each other off.

It was near closing time so Kathryn was cleaning and like clockwork Mr Jesse St James came in. With that stupid smirk of his, he approaches Kathryn. "Miss me?"

Since their meeting around a month ago now Jesse had become a regular at the coffee shop, showing up around four or five times a week. Kathryn wouldn't want to admit it but she enjoys his company, even joining him on her break and sometimes when she gets off her day shift.

Kathryn smirks and turns to him, "Of course, I've missed you so much." He chuckles at her comment, "What would I do without the great Jesse St James by my side." Kathryn walks behind the counter and starts to make his order.