I'll find you one day

"Just stay in here okay? I'll have to talk to Helen but the kids won't come into your room."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Lily had been curled up in the wardrobe for hours now. Alanna hadn't come back. But the boy had. With his friends.

She was covered in bruises and bloodstains from a nose bleed that had just stopped. Two red eyes from crying her heart out forever, so it seemed. She flinched at every sound, scared they would come back.

"I didn't mean it! I'm sorry!"

They didn't listen to her, they just kept hitting and hitting and hitting...

She sniffed and wiped away a tear, she had enough of being treated like this. Light filled the wardrobe as she made an orb of light from her hands that floated in the air above her then she grabbed her school pack and emptied it out. It only had her purse, her homework folder and the picture of her family, which landed at her knees. She lifted it up and cuddled the small picture that moved when she was alone. "I promise, I'll find you one day." She whispered, her finger over the little boy in her mothers arms. His name was harry, he was her brother, that much she knew. But not where he was.

She sighed and tucked it into the front pocket of the bag before stuffing everything she could inside the small pack. Tomorrow she would steal food including breakfast then run away. Far away.

Things were silent at the breakfast table.

Lily sat in her seat in the middle of the table, nibbling toast she was given. Every so often she would slip one into her packed lunch box. She kept her eyes down as she ate, not wanting anyone to see her black eye. She excused herself as quick as she could then snuck into the kitchen to get crisps and yogurts and sweeties. She smiled to herself as she stuffed it in her bag. Just as she had it zipped up, Alanna came in.

"Lily? Are you okay?" She said looking at her, concerned.

Lily merely nodded, not lifting her head.

Alanna sighed, "I promise things will get better. You just need to behave."

Lily gave the same response then they both headed out the door and made the usual journey to school, Alanna leaving lily at the corner next to the school. Once lily was sure she was gone, she turned and walked off, following the signs north until she was at the towns edge.

There she stopped and inhaled deeply.

This was it. Her daring escape.

She stood at the edge of the field then took off running at an inhuman speed.

This was just another of Lily potters gifts.