Chapter 10: A New Dawn

Mia gracefully touched down on the ground, manipulating the air to propel herself into the spirit world portal. Utilizing her powers, she manipulated the waters from Victoria Falls, flooding the spirit world and reshaping it with rocks. Quarris swiftly approached Mia, striking her onto a rooftop where a climactic battle ensued, a visceral exchange of blows and intense combat that left both combatants bloodied. Despite Quarris attempting to transform into a spirit form for an advantage, Mia's relentless assault and mastery over the elements prevented his transformation, keeping him in his physical state.

Meanwhile, the portal to the spirit world, hanging open in the sky, grew unstable, unleashing hellstorms upon Southern Province. Unyielding, Mia continued her onslaught against Quarris. With the spirit world on the brink of destruction, Mia manipulated the air to cast Quarris through the portal, triggering an immediate explosion that erased all spirits sent into Southern Province, including those whose souls were taken.

Quarris was defeated, and the portal closed permanently. Mia, though severed from the spirit world, retained her abilities, albeit with her costume in disarray. The remaining inhabitants of Southern Province, curious and filled with questions, flocked towards Mia. Swiftly, she evaded the crowd, retreating to her apartment through the window. Crafting her own narrative, Mia penned an article and sent it nationwide, adopting the alias "Ms. Victoria" to shield her true identity and she continued doing her research and planned on searching for Mr. Zambezi and actually going to find him. She had her friends burried but didn't inform her family members  of their deaths. She knew that she needed a job couldn't stay in Southern Province. While on her computer, She eventually found a job in Lusaka and would be working while searching for Mr. Zambezi. Eventually, she traveled back to Lusaka.

LUSAKA....

Upon her arrival in Lusaka, Mia settled in, ensuring her suit was in top shape and concealed beneath her everyday attire. Three days later, on her first day of work, rushing due to lateness, Mia collided with a man in a black suit carrying a newspaper.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Mister. I wasn't looking where I was going," Mia apologized.

"No need to apologize. I was the one not paying attention, busy looking for a certain person," the man replied.

"I guess I'll be seeing you some other time. The name's Mia, Mia Kasonde," she introduced herself, extending her hand.

"Brian Banda!" he responded, shaking her hand. 

The two were about to part ways when a massive explosion echoed from a shop in East Park Mall. Brian instinctively shielded Mia, unaware of her true identity. Mia pushed his hand down, suited up, and soared towards the explosion, leaving Brian in shock as he searched for Ms. Victoria, unaware that he had just encountered her. He ran towards the site of the explosion and...

To Be Continued...