8.

Osiris

Once we checked out of the hotel, Jeremy drove us to my parent's place to pick Jaj up. There were a couple extra cars outside, including Dre's, so I figured they must've known about the engagement.

"Jere, I don't think I have the energy for a crowd. I really just want to get Jaj and go home," I admitted.

"Okay, baby. I'll take care of it."

"Thank you."

He went inside and was gone for a good twenty minutes before coming out with Jaj in tow.

"Mommy," he yelled excitedly when he noticed me.

I squeezed him tight once they got in the car. "Hi, my baby. Did you have fun?"

"Yeah! Uncle Dre took me to the park. And grandma bought me this," he said while showing me a new toy.

Since Jaj was the only baby in the family at the moment, everyone was always spoiling him. He had so many toys and other random things that I'd have to do a monthly clean out and donate whatever wasn't being used.

Once we got back home, I called Mariel to tell her the good news. She didn't answer, so I shot her a text so she'd know it wasn't anything urgent.

"Mrs. Stewart, I need some help," Jeremy yelled from the kitchen in a silly voice. I waltzed in and saw that he and Jaj both looked excited.

"Where's the fire?"

"LOOK, mommy. Daddy got me a ring, too," Jaj said, showing me his hand.

My heart melted. It was the cutest thing I think Jeremy had ever done, and the joy on my baby boy's face was all too much.

"Wow, that looks really good on you."

"Mhmm," he responded, admiring it again himself.

"You don't think it's too much for him, right," Jeremy asked me.

"No, it's so cute that I can hardly stand it, actually."

Jeremy looked proud of himself, then bit his lip at me. "I know I've been on your body all weekend, but I feel like I got one last round in me before you get too tired. Whaddya say?"

"I say you're an absolute animal— but that's one of the reasons I love you."

"Hey, Jaj. You wanna watch TV," Jeremy asked him.

"Mmm, yes!"

While Jeremy was setting him up, Mariel called back.

"Hey, Siri. What's up?"

I casually pushed my hair behind my ear with a smirk.

Mariel gasped loudly and her jaw dropped. "CONGRATULATIONS, girl! I forgot he told us he was proposing this weekend."

"And he bought a ring for Jaj, I— "

"Eww, you guys are too cute. And how did the weekend go?"

"It was so good. For however you and Dre helped, I really appreciate it."

"No, stop. You're going to make me cry."

"I'm for real, though. You know you've been so supportive of me and Jeremy's relationship, and that doesn't go unnoticed."

"Osiris, you're the closest person to me besides my own mother. Of course I'm always going to be there for you in every way I can. And I know you're on the same shit with me."

"Yes, girl. We locked in for life."

She smiled at me, then spoke to who I assumed to be Alessio in the background.