𝟬𝟬𝟴 cop

WHEN NIGHT COMES / Chapter Eight

Rain was crashing down outside. Continuous thunder was the only thing to illuminate the dark sky. Freddy Fazbear's Diner was usually creepy but now it was downright terrifying. Ominous.

"Are you sure I can?"

"Yeah, go ahead and sleep." Zion reassured him as she tapped through the cameras, "I had a nap earlier so I'm not tired."

Mike still looked unsure, "That'll be two days in a row without you having a decent night's sleep."

"I already said I'm sure, Mike. You clearly need it more than me," Zion gestured to his eye bags. They seemed to only be getting worse and worse.

"Alright," Mike gave in with a sigh. He leaned back in the desk chair and pulled on his headphones, playing his nature sounds. He was asleep within no time.

Zion sat beside him, watching the cameras. Everything was usual. Thunder clapped and she frowned. Was that an animatronic in the hallway? Not possible.

She glanced at Mike. Even while sleeping, he didn't seem to find peace. There was a permanent frown on his face.

She brushed some curly hair out of his face and his features eased a little. Zion's heart swelled with warmth. He was so damn pretty. She almost hated it—how could he do nothing yet still cause her to like him so much?

Zion went back to the cameras. She flipped through them one more time, bored. There was no internet connection at Freddy's and she realised she should've downloaded a movie to watch on her phone.

Thunder flashed again. There was a loud crack and the lights flickered rapidly. The cameras went black, then changed to an error screen.

Zion smacked the side of the monitors in attempt to get them to work again, "What the—"

SCREECH!

Mike shot up from his seat. The speakers shrieked out a song, distorted and crackly. I hear the secrets that you keep when you're talking in your sleep. The lights continued to flash. Zion's eyes burned.

She rushed to the breaker and switched the electricity off. It all stopped. Sighing in relief, she waited a moment before flipping it back on.

"What happened?" Mike asked, baffled.

"I don't kno—" She cut herself off. Her eyes widened and she rushed toward him, grabbing his hand. It was dark red.

"You're bleeding," Zion managed to get out in disbelief. There was a gash on his arm. "Mike, you're bleeding."

"What?"

He stared at the injury in shock. Mike swiped a finger through the blood, like he expected it to be a trick of the light. "What happened?"

Zion's chest was tight. "I don't know but—"

A buzzer interrupted her.

Frowning, Mike turned to the monitors. They were working again albeit quite fuzzy. A police car was parked outside; a cop was pressing the buzzer to enter Freddy's.

Mike turned away and started to head down the hallway.

Rushing after him, Zion grabbed ahold of his blood-slick hand, forcing him to stop, "Are you okay?"

He nodded, "Doesn't even hurt."

Zion didn't believe him. She didn't let go of his hand, half convinced she should force him to sit down and let her patch him up.