// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪-𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 //

hiraeth - part sixty-seven

»»——⍟——««

       "Is the human food to your liking?" Black spoke as he looked into Y/n's eyes expectantly. Y/n hesitantly nodded, though she wasn't lying. It actually wasn't half bad, especially for someone like him. Y/n never took Black for someone who knew how to cook.

"How come you know how to cook? Aren't you an immortal god that doesn't need to eat?" Y/n questioned, her frank words making Black chuckle. Although, his chuckle was half-hearted as he sighed.

"I am not, I'm afraid. I'm as much a mortal as you are," Black spoke. He hummed, smirking. "I think we're even close in age, technically."

Y/n frowned, knowing all too well the reason for that, damn Goku. She turned her attention down to her breakfast, taking a bite as she looked out into the cold mountains. Despite the bone-chilling weather, the two ate breakfast on the deck of the cabin, the sun shining brightly down on them. Y/n hadn't gotten a single wink of sleep during the night, and was struggling to hold her eyes open in the bright sunlight.

"I was wondering," Black spoke up once more, catching Y/n's attention. "Do you know when Goku will return? What will you tell them?"

"I haven't even decided to join you," Y/n reminded with a glare, making Black smirk. She sighed, turning to look out into the woods, the snow blindingly white. "And, I don't know. I thought he would be back by now. Something must have happened on their end..."

The thought that Trunks could not save Goku in time crossed her mind. She hadn't wanted to even give the thought the chance to exist, but Trunks's failing wasn't unlikely. As far as Y/n was aware, Goku had not bothered to gather any senzu beans before they left for the future. If they didn't have any on hand, it was very likely Goku had bled out almost as soon as returning to their time. And if Whis or Shin weren't there, there was no chance of saving Goku. She didn't want to think about it, but that was a highly likely scenario. Which meant that they may not even return at all, aside from Trunks.

"Are you worried for him?" Black asked. Y/n glared at him, not daring to give him anything he wanted. She was still horrified from the way he had so easily manipulated her. And because he had technically saved her, he likely felt Y/n owed him. Black's soft smile was almost deceiving, if not for the dark look in his eyes. "I am curious though. Say you do join me by my side, what will you tell the others? Goku will feel heartbroken by your "betrayal", no?"

"It wouldn't be a betrayal, I would do it to save everyone. Goku would understand if I explain to him what happened." Y/n said, although, she wasn't entirely sure on that. Goku felt easily betrayed, such as when Y/n had fused with Shin. If Y/n told him that she was staying in this timeline with his evil lookalike, Goku might take it the wrong way and get mad.

"And what happens if you have to fight them?" Black questioned. Y/n huffed, wondering what he was getting at, why he was so curious.

"Then we would fight. I'm willing to fight anyone, so long as I'm doing it to protect people. Why? What's with all the questions?" Y/n retorted, making the man smirk as he leaned back in his chair.

"What? Am I not allowed to converse with you? We will have to grow comfortable with being together if you are to join me," Black said. And his words were true, Y/n would have to get used to him if she accepted his offer. That didn't mean she had to like it though.

"Coming from you, anything you say feels like a threat or some type of manipulation tactic," Y/n said, her harsh words making Black chuckle. Never in his days had he seen anybody so casually rude and aggressive towards him, a god.