IV

"We are here to search for- mmph!" Anastasia replied, quickly getting cut off by Adelaide clamping a hand over her mouth.

"We are here to search for The House Of Luxier emblem, Mother."

"Really? Why is that?"

"I heard that there is a hidden message inscribed in the Emblem." Adelaide lied, but kept her gaze confidently. Her mother's gaze was enough to petrify anyone who got within her eyesight at a 5 foot radius.

 (I'm not American, by the way. Just thought it sounds cool. In real life, who tf uses feet as measurement anyway?? jokes jokes)

"I heard that decoding this message would lead us to discovering a secret entrance locked away in this castle for centuries," Adelaide fibbed, while Anastasia shot a glare at her and was massaging her recently attacked jaw. When she heard it however, she started nodding fervently in favor of Adelaide's reasoning.

"Really! Do you wanna show us where that message is, dear? We can help you find it!" The queen gave her a warm smile.

With a quivering voice, Adelaide pointed to a random spot on a flag hanging in the corridor bearing the emblem. 

"As you can see, the sword here probably signifies that the Crown is protected and we would need to fight for it. And here," she quipped, bringing everyone's attention to another spot, "is the famous crown jewel that sits on the Crown itself. Being presented here means that the heir to the Crown would have full control of the land."

"Really! That was very insightful of you, but I'm afraid this is all speculation. Who knows it may even be true! Till then, I advise you all, not to go meddling in what you shouldn't be doing." The Queen gave them a sharp glance. "If you want to remain as safe as possible. People are, after all, unpredictable."

Author's Note:

Just an update of what's going on in the castle. Very short, but it will give you a consensus. I swear, it gets better in the next few chapters! So stay tuned ;))