untold feelings - m.f

You were heading towards the Fox residence after receiving a text from Max, who had invited you over for a movie marathon at her place. Uncertain whether it would be just the two of you or if her family would also be present, you were still excited because Max's family had become like a second family to you. Sam treated you as if you were her own child.

You and Max have been close friends for a considerable amount of time, approximately two years. Max was always the more carefree and adventurous friend, not concerned about what others thought. On the other hand, you were the responsible one, enjoying your own interests and being more laid-back, but still enjoying spending time with Max. You would join in on her activities and occasionally let loose.

However, you have secretly had feelings for Max for a long time. There was something about Max that fascinated you. Unfortunately, you never had the courage to confess your feelings to her.

After some time, you reached the Fox residence and parked your car on their driveway. You felt a sense of joy knowing that you would have a great time hanging out with Max and her family.

Approaching the front door, you knocked and patiently waited, gazing at the door. It didn't take long for the door to open, and Frankie stood there, a wide smile appearing on their face as they saw you.

"Hey! Y/N's here!" Frankie exclaimed, their eyes filled with excitement.

"Hey Franklin, what's up?" You asked Frankie, letting out a chuckle.

"Movie night, that's the plan." Frankie replied with a wink and a tongue click. "Come on in, Y/N."

As you were about to go inside the house, Max suddenly emerged from the wall, a smile forming on her face when she saw you. It appeared that just a few moments ago, she had been in her bedroom.

"Y/N!" Max exclaimed with excitement, rushing down the stairs.

"Max," you greeted with a grin, observing her.

In an instant, Max pulled you into a tight embrace, her arms encircling your neck as she let out a giggle. Naturally, you reciprocated the hug, feeling a wave of warmth wash over you as you held each other.

You couldn't help but notice Frankie's mischievous smirk as they observed the two of you. Eventually, Frankie made their way into the living room, leaving you both alone to continue your intimate moment.

"Let's go to the living room, Y/N," Max suggested, releasing her hold on you and squeezing your hand.

You nodded in agreement, closing the front door behind you before following Max's lead.

As you entered the living room, Duke was already relaxing on a bean bag. A projector was aimed at the wall, displaying a variety of movies that everyone was planning to watch.

Max settled onto the couch and engaged in conversation with her siblings.

You briefly left the siblings alone and went into the kitchen, where Sam was busy preparing snacks.

"Heyy Samuel," you playfully announced with a chuckle.

"Oh! My favorite child, I'm so glad you could join us," Sam responded happily, walking towards you and giving you a quick hug, which you reciprocated.

"Here, let me help you prepare the snacks," You kindly offered.

"Thank you so much, always so helpful. Unlike my own children!" Sam jokingly shouted the last sentence loud enough for her kids to hear, causing you to burst into laughter.

As you mentioned, you proceeded to help in the kitchen. You moved the freshly baked cookies onto a plate while Sam took care of the popcorn.

"So, Y/N, how have things been between you and Max lately?" Sam asked, returning to her usual raspy voice again.